Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse_Jimi said:
mancity1 said:
Well your half way there already.

Yer but we're looking FUCKING DODGY at the back...Skrtel has been a liability.

So far...Toss up between Mignolet & Toure for signing of the season. Mignolet has been such an upgrade on Pepe

Yes and with us losing Vinnie again we are a bit stretched in the centre half position.

Toure was our fourth choice for the positon but he always put in a shift when called upon.

I am pleased for him he has settled in well for you and he has been called up for the Ivory Coast again.

I thought he might be a bit part player for you but he seems to made the position his own for the moment.

mancity1 said:
Yes and with us losing Vinnie again we are a bit stretched in the centre half position.

Toure was our fourth choice for the positon but he always put in a shift when called upon.

I am pleased for him he has settled in well for you and he has been called up for the Ivory Coast again.

I thought he might be a bit part player for you but he seems to made the position his own for the moment.

Yeh he was bought with bit part player in mind I think but he's played himself into the team and shows no signs of letting up. We all fucking love him, he's such a character and all he wants is to win - he's Brendan Rodgers' version of McAllister for Houllier. Great freebie with bags if experience.

Scouse_Jimi said:
mancity1 said:

Yeh he was bought with bit part player in mind I think but he's played himself into the team and shows no signs of letting up. We all fucking love him, he's such a character and all he wants is to win - he's Brendan Rodgers' version of McAllister for Houllier. Great freebie with bags if experience.

Yes he would be perfect for us now and we miss his leadership at the back as much as anything else.

He can also play full back equally as well and to be honest like Barry I was a bit perplexed we didn't give him a one year extension , he would have stayed on with his brother playing and Kompany has been dodgy with injuries galore of late.

BTW I have altered my prediction to 5-0.

Scouse_Jimi said:
Once again we only play half a game and walk away with 3 points...Sterner tests to come considering we've not played a decent side yet (Manure don't count)

3-4-1-2 is working out well for us...

If we can manage to actually play a full 90 minutes....we'll be lethal!

I agree Jimi, the scum are not a stern test by anymeans.. on what you have seen so far this season,who is it you think that will really test your resolve??

samharris said:
I agree Jimi, the scum are not a stern test by anymeans.. on what you have seen so far this season,who is it you think that will really test your resolve??

Any of the top 4 sides really - usual suspects: City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea

We struggle when there's any kind of quality in the midfield as our midfield centrally is by far our weakest area of the pitch. Southampton & Swansea both caused us problems. We really need some sort of powerhouse like yaya in there - Lucas hasn't exactly been stellar this season, he just doesn't seem to have the energy - same with Gerrard. Hoping Henderson playing in the centre yesterday will be a eureka moment and Lucas will be used or brought on when we need to shore up the midfield in the second half/last half hour.

Basically we've got 2 more games until Arsenal to get this sorted out though I feel we might do OK against Arsenal as they don't have a powerful midfield, certainly not to the standard of Chelsea/City/Spurs plus their defence is suspect particularly to forward players with lots of movement.

Scouse_Jimi said:
samharris said:

Any of the top 4 sides really - usual suspects: City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea

We struggle when there's any kind of quality in the midfield as our midfield centrally is by far our weakest area of the pitch. Southampton & Swansea both caused us problems. We really need some sort of powerhouse like yaya in there - Lucas hasn't exactly been stellar this season, he just doesn't seem to have the energy - same with Gerrard. Hoping Henderson playing in the centre yesterday will be a eureka moment and Lucas will be used or brought on when we need to shore up the midfield in the second half/last half hour.

Basically we've got 2 more games until Arsenal to get this sorted out though I feel we might do OK against Arsenal as they don't have a powerful midfield, certainly not to the standard of Chelsea/City/Spurs plus their defence is suspect particularly to forward players with lots of movement.

Gerrard hasnt got it anymore im afraid to say..he looks like its the 85th minute all the time..what a servant hes been for you mind..

samharris said:
Gerrard hasnt got it anymore im afraid to say..he looks like its the 85th minute all the time..what a servant hes been for you mind..

Completely disagree, he continues to be a threat and if he has someone next to him to do his running (Henderson) he can push forward a little more and play balls through like the one to Sturridge for Luis' goal against Sunderland.

Can see his role start to diminish after this season however

leighton said:
Liverpools next 5 games look a bit tricky to me. Newcastle away , West Brom at home , Arsenal away , Fulham home and Everton away all hard games. Running up to Xmas some hard games to be played.
gif-gracioso-futbol-entrenador-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-contando-mr-bean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.