Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
davymcfc said:
I think Liverpool show signs of real quality. The quick passing at times was awesome and I liked the way they pressed united. Enrique and Henderson were the star performers today in my eyes. Wisdom looked really good when he came on too. Absolutely excellent performances. The big question is where will Liverpool end up at the end of the season? I don't think they have the squad to get a top 4 finish but I imagine they will be in the top 6. Lets not forget that Suarez returns soon.

They just got 3 top class players + suarez coming in on top of the squad that just won 3 straight games. i believe they have what it takes to be in the mix for the top 4.
I think they have a lot of ground to make up on the existing top 4 and spurs. The squads are too strong at this point. I think Liverpool will start to knock on the door and then kick on next season after making some big name signings.

Doesn't take much before liverpool fans become unbearably smug again, I thought a couple of years in the doldrums would do them good, I guess not.

Very good win for them today but Baconface's team would probably have won that in the second half. Liverpool were giving the ball away far too much and they would have capitalised on that. But they barely forced a save out of Mignolet. Same for 90 minutes against Chelsea. Perhaps, like us, they're struggling to adapt to a new manager's philosophy but at least we've scored 8 goals in 3 games, including 4 in two games where we've been below par.

blightee said:
Doesn't take much before liverpool fans become unbearably smug again, I thought a couple of years in the doldrums would do them good, I guess not.

Who's being smug? If your team, with far superior resources, was still unbeaten I'm sure youd be pleased with 9 points on the board.

Last season in the same three fixtures we had 4 points...nice to see the improvement for such a small investment transfer wise

I think we're all under no illusions that it won't last...

blightee said:

Jeez they just beat united and have had the best opening 3 matches for years, let them have their day...

I know if we were top of the table right now and had just beaten united I'd be organising a pellegrini circle jerk.

I heard its there year yesterday. People going on about Saurez coming back into the team 2 games to go all this bullshit. He doesnt want to play for them and he could well unsettle them. They started well but look ropey. Stoke should of got a point. Yesterdays game the Rags should of got a penalty seen them given for a lot less. They are the dreamers. If Liverpool get top 4 I will be shocked as I still dont think they are as good as the top 5 teams from last season but they have closed the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.