Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm sober and stringing words together, an appraisal of our 3 games now we're at the international break.

Best players so far: Studge, Kolo, Henderson, Gerrard

Most Improved since last season: Enrique, Johnson & Lucas

Not So Great: Coutinho & Aspas

Been a great start though we appear to have lost our ability to score at will against opponents and now have a stronger defensive unit. We need to find a happier medium, it's all a bit Rafa Benitez, getting the one goal and defending for the rest of the game.

Henderson has been a massive player for us, his athleticism and ability to chase down and pick a pass has been fantastic. Lucas was a bit shaky at times during the Villa game but he was a boss against United yesterday, he's getting back to pre-injury levels of quality and should continue to improve. Kolo could wind up being signing of the season, based on your current defensive frailties I'm surprised you let him go...

Still not convinced by Aspas, great movement and harrying but doesn't seem to offer the goals we need. Coutinho has had a slow start but he's still very young and anyone who expected him to tear the league up in all 38 games was being unrealistic, I predict he'll grow into the season and come October/November we'll start to see the best of him

Suarez to come back, some new CB signings and Victor Moses (hugely underrated imo) will all strengthen the squad and, in the case of Sakho - the first team.

Next few games are all winnable: Swansea away, Southampton at Home, Sunderland away and Palace at home. Based on our performances so far you'd have to be disappointed if we didn't get 10 points from that run of games.

Fingers crossed Sturridge isn't fit for England duty, LFC is his priority - even he has said that :)

Nice write up and looks as though you are building a decent side there Jimi. About fucking time you sorted yourselves out! :))

strongbowholic said:
Nice write up and looks as though you are building a decent side there Jimi. About fucking time you sorted yourselves out! :))

Tell me about it! Nice to finally have some stability, the owners appear to keep their noses out and free up funds. We've been lucky to get Brendan, I'd expect a contract extension if we're still performing around Xmas for him.

Key for us is to keep the manager and keep things going - we've got rid of all the deadwood from the club, massively reduced our running costs in terms of wages. Plenty of reasons to be happy.

Still think we'll miss out on 4th spot but we'll be a hell of a lot closer this year, might even give Spurs & the Arse a run for their money if we're lucky with injuries.

Scouse_Jimi said:
strongbowholic said:

Tell me about it! Nice to finally have some stability, the owners appear to keep their noses out and free up funds. We've been lucky to get Brendan, I'd expect a contract extension if we're still performing around Xmas for him.

Key for us is to keep the manager and keep things going - we've got rid of all the deadwood from the club, massively reduced our running costs in terms of wages. Plenty of reasons to be happy.

Still think we'll miss out on 4th spot but we'll be a hell of a lot closer this year, might even give Spurs & the Arse a run for their money if we're lucky with injuries.

If u keep suarez its a very high chance of top 4. Sports is all about momentum you have it and need to keep it rolling.

It's their year :)

On a serious note, I thought they were nothing special. Scored a goal of a corner due to some lax United defending. Created very little otherwise. Sturridge was his greedy self once again. Aspas was not really in the game while Coutinho has always been found wanting against more than decent opposition.
Grit and determination of players like Henderson, Gerrard, Lucas and your defense saw you through.

Didn't think liverpool were very good yesterday but well done to them for beating those twats. They'll be in with a shout of top 4 this season but I don't think they'll quite make it. Good start and a decent team building there, nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.