Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool won't go a full season without some sort of melodrama/monumental crisis. The scousers won't allow it.

A close battle for 5th with Spurs.

mad4city said:
...snip...
I'm unconvinced, though, by Rodgers. You know what they say: f it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's gotta be a duck. Well, Brendan acts like a bullshitter & talks like a bullshitter. He looks like he's about to go three at the back and I don't see that formation winning the league, particularly with a sprinkling of defenders who are new to the league (plus Kolo, whom Mancini didn't rate for the same system).

Good post mate...going to question you on your Brendan comments though, he no longer talks reams of shite as he did when he first came here, he's now a lot more considered. Think the awe of the media attention he was getting was a bit too much for him. Case and point was his interview the other day when the journos were reeling off names of transfers, previously he'd have smiled when saying "no" this time, deadpan "Never heard of him", "who's he" etc. Much improved.

His management in terms of bringing the squad together has been excellent, man management (Suarez) second to none again. He's made some excellent tactics switches mid-game to bring in results (including going three at the back)

Personally feel BR had a massive learning curve from joining a 'big club' from where he came from.

More to come from him as the season goes on...

i've always rated rogers,

when he was linked with city i was quietly pleased in all honesty.

whether he can get liverpool back to being a regular CL club is another thing, it's a big task.

I enjoyed watching Liverpool beat Manchester United on Sunday. It reminded me of the 80s when Liverpool used to crush Manchester United all the time . I like a being reminded of the good old days .

baggy said:
Liverpool won't go a full season without some sort of melodrama/monumental crisis. The scousers won't allow it.

A close battle for 5th with Spurs.
'
Plus the fact that when you add up all the forthcoming minutes' silences due, they'll not be speaking to each other for a fortnight.

Scouse_Jimi said:
mad4city said:
...snip...
I'm unconvinced, though, by Rodgers. You know what they say: f it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's gotta be a duck. Well, Brendan acts like a bullshitter & talks like a bullshitter. He looks like he's about to go three at the back and I don't see that formation winning the league, particularly with a sprinkling of defenders who are new to the league (plus Kolo, whom Mancini didn't rate for the same system).

Good post mate...going to question you on your Brendan comments though, he no longer talks reams of shite as he did when he first came here, he's now a lot more considered. Think the awe of the media attention he was getting was a bit too much for him. Case and point was his interview the other day when the journos were reeling off names of transfers, previously he'd have smiled when saying "no" this time, deadpan "Never heard of him", "who's he" etc. Much improved.

His management in terms of bringing the squad together has been excellent, man management (Suarez) second to none again. He's made some excellent tactics switches mid-game to bring in results (including going three at the back)

Personally feel BR had a massive learning curve from joining a 'big club' from where he came from.

More to come from him as the season goes on...

You might be right. To be fair, I haven't been hanging on his every word but, for now and with all the respect in the world, I'm going to interpret your analysis as the annual "glass-half-full" spiel, that your gang usually peddle in September.
Ye struggled past Stoke (I'm told, didn't see it). Villa were very leg-weary when ye got them ( as evidenced by Delph failing to control any sort of ball after thirty minutes). I didn't see ye v Utd (not being from Singapore, I had better things to do!) but bless ye for beating the f**kers.
All tolled, far too soon to break out the bubbly on BR's new dawn.

Was in a work mess room in Liverpool yesterday and both sets of fans were crowing about there respective windows.

Certainly the red dippers form since the turn of the year has been very good and they could be the surprise package if any of the top four are not at the top of their game this season

Over reaction???

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpools-official-american-twitter-account-deleted-a-controversial-911-graphic-overnight/#.UjGCV_oAMKM.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liver ... KM.twitter</a>

Super David Silva 21 said:
Over reaction???

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liverpools-official-american-twitter-account-deleted-a-controversial-911-graphic-overnight/#.UjGCV_oAMKM.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/liver ... KM.twitter</a>
For those wondering what this is about, or who can't follow the link:

Liverpool’s official American Twitter, @LFCUSA, uploaded a graphic onto the micro-blogging website on Wednesday to mark the twelfth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks in New York.

The Liverpool graphic featured the message “You’ll never walk alone America”, while it featured the Twin Towers coloured red with two Liverpool liver birds sitting under each tower.

Many people found the graphic to be egregious, and a slew of angry messages criticised the Liverpool graphic for distorting the message of 9/11 for self-promotional gains.

Of course, many observers disagreed with those sentiments, believing the Liverpool graphic to be sincere and heart-felt.

Overnight @LFCUSA reacted to the discussions about the image by deleting it from their Twitter stream.

You can see the image at the link, together with some tweets.

Personally, I can't see why the club would do this unless it was for "self-promotional gains". Maybe not the only motive, maybe some at the club actually did mean it in the right way but did it badly. Not trying to connect themselves with the incident (ie, no weird image) might have come across a lot better.

Bit like that rag flag, united in grief. Scousers probably meant well but comes across badly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.