Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
I know that mate. Normally one follows the other. if teams sit back and defend and close City down, they'll usually lose. It's just a question of City getting the first goal. It will come.

Liverpool had already lost control of the game when Coutinho went off - but I've said before he's a really top player

I thought the first half was pretty even, but 2nd half it was one-way traffic.

You don't think you will get top 4? Liverpool fans I know through work think they are going to win the League and all of a sudden can't wait to discuss football and City and Utd's troubles.

Ever since I started posting here I always said we'd be closer to 4th than last year but probably end up 5th.

Be interesting to see if yous lot and Chelsea continue in the same vain...could really open the league up a bit which, despite it being to your teams potential detriment, it would make it fun

Scouse_Jimi said:
Marvin said:
I know that mate. Normally one follows the other. if teams sit back and defend and close City down, they'll usually lose. It's just a question of City getting the first goal. It will come.

Liverpool had already lost control of the game when Coutinho went off - but I've said before he's a really top player

I thought the first half was pretty even, but 2nd half it was one-way traffic.

You don't think you will get top 4? Liverpool fans I know through work think they are going to win the League and all of a sudden can't wait to discuss football and City and Utd's troubles.

Ever since I started posting here I always said we'd be closer to 4th than last year but probably end up 5th.

Be interesting to see if yous lot and Chelsea continue in the same vain...could really open the league up a bit which, despite it being to your teams potential detriment, it would make it fun
City will come good but no guarantee we wont lose in Europe and to Utd before that happens

It's a long season. City have too much quality in the team not to come good. It just takes one result. Every season, every team has a sticky patch.

Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho out for six weeks with shoulder injury

Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho requires surgery on an injured shoulder and is expected to be out until the end of October, his club have announced.

The 21-year-old Brazilian, who signed from Inter Milan for £8.5m in January, has helped Liverpool to the top of the Premier League after four matches.

He was taken off after suffering the injury in Monday's 2-2 draw at Swansea.

"It's been decided Coutinho will now have surgical stabilisation on the AC joint in his shoulder," Liverpool said.

Liverpool hope he will be "back in contention again towards the end of October".

Despite the absence of star striker Luis Suarez - who is still serving a 10-match suspension for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic last season - Liverpool have made an excellent start to the season, with victories over Stoke, Aston Villa and Manchester United prior to Monday's draw at Liberty Stadium.

England international Daniel Sturridge became the first Liverpool player to score in the first four matches of a Premier League season with his goal at Swansea, while Suarez will be available for the League Cup match at Manchester United on 25 September.

Suarez's return should lessen the effect of that Coutinho injury. An attacking trio of Moses Sturridge and Suarez seems like it could be brilliant.

Scouse_Jimi said:
AFC14 said:
Suarez's return should lessen the effect of that Coutinho injury. An attacking trio of Moses Sturridge and Suarez seems like it could be brilliant.

The only problem there is keeping Luis in the No 10 role rather than having him taking the position of striker...

But yes...on paper it's pretty mouthwatering!

On paper maybe. but not sure if rodgers preferred style of play can incorporate three out and out attackers. also sturridge is clearly the main man at the moment,s creaming for every ball and leading the charge on the counter attack, again expecting the ball to him to be direct, and into space behind the lines so he can use his pace to unsettle defenders..that approach will change when the diving biting one returns..

the stats which show that liverpool are more of a threat when suarez isn,t in the team will also mean his return will be interesting to say the least. i dont expect sturridge to give up his role as the main man lightly...after waiting so long to assume the mantle over the last few years... we will see.

Obviously severity dependant but shoulder stability surgery normally requires 8 -12 wks recovery from personal experience.The end of Oct sounds hugely optimistic.

To be fair Liverpool have impressed me this season and they are this years "flying out of the traps club" if they keep it up they could make 4th but its a very long season

Ducado said:
To be fair Liverpool have impressed me this season and they are this years "flying out of the traps club" if they keep it up they could make 4th but its a very long season

Liverpool getting top four depends on them maintaining their current form, how well Arsenal can manage their squad and how quick can Spurs gel all their new players together.

I do have a feeling though that maybe one of last years top 3 could drop out of the top 4, it just feels like its going to be a very unpredictable season and I hope it's not us, but currently if we don't improve we are going to end up doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.