Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two poor results for Liverpool now. I think this shows that they aren't a top 4 team like a lot of people predicted after the first three games. City, Chelsea, rags, arsenal and spurs are too strong and more consistent.

A lot of Liverpool fans think that was a good performance last night overall but any midfield would look good against Giggs and Jones.

To be fair to them, Sturridge isn't really fit and Suarez was clearly short of match practice. But Henderson was wasted at wing back and Gerrard just doesn't look that interested. He should have been marauding just behind the forwards but rarely came over the halfway line.

Last night clearly showed up their lack of depth and tactical limitations.

Hopefully we win our next two easy games and this doesn't happen for once haha
scouseboombustcycle1.jpg

gaving673 said:
Hopefully we win our next two easy games and this doesn't happen for once haha
scouseboombustcycle1.jpg

it really is uncanny how it's right on schedule with that Southampton defeat

Shoulda done better against the rags last night. If Suarez was a bit sharper they might have gone in at half time leading against the rags, they should have

They've got a good team there, but still think they're one or two top players away from breaking the top four

Well you know as we're not going to win the title, I want it to be you. Arsenal used to be ok, but not after this summer. Spurs and Chelsea are insipid clubs too, but not as bad as the RedMancs. Anyway for some reason you're refusing to put distance ahead of the Scum.....you'd have been six ahead today :(

I hope we can make it interesting by beating Sunderland but we tend to play badly under pressure. Playing at the bottom team with a chance to keep up the chase at the top of the table is EXACTLY the type of situation in which we always falter in. Hopefully Rodgers an the players can shut up, they talk too much anytime we win a game or two.

Thankfully Suarez is back so hope we score more. If we can hang on, then Coutinho comes back and we get one more quality addition to add to our depth in January, I think 4th is looking realistic.

I think at this point I don't know who the top 6 will be and in what order.

Not posted for a while...my take on our story so far:

Southampton - Shocking performance, been saying for ages we need to go three at the back...we weren't at the races. Potentially due to the 4 CBs that were picked but even then, Gerrard/Sturridge didn't turn up

Manure (Carling Cup) - Played really really well, were desperately unlucky. Sturridge had his boots on the wrong feet...3 at the back, seemed to work well. Gutted to be out of the cup, was hoping to see Ibe & Sterling get more starts...and some of our other young players. Amusing to see Moyes celebrating like it was a CL win...very amusing.

Sunderland - Played poorly, still getting used to 3 at the back, but still got the result. Great to see Luis back.

Overall pretty pleased with our start to the season, we've not really played well yet but we're 2nd in the league. We're capitalising on other results, something we've not done for years.

2 stand outs for us that aren't so obvious. Kolo Fucking Toure - cannot believe use lot let him go, he's a TITAN. Such a desire to win, really has been signing of the season so far. Another CB in Sakho - again, he's been class - now his fellow defenders are learning his style and covering when he steps out - it's working well. One of our best players today against Sunderland.

Still think we'll be outside the top 4 but we'll definitely be pushing for it come April, again - something we've not done for a few years now.

raWWmMq.jpg

Brendan will be made up.........

Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball 14m
Kenny Dalglish is to return to Liverpool after accepting an invitation to join the board of directors at Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.