Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
Was. His legs have gone this last 18 months.

Everyone gets older, weaker and retires eventually in professional sports or any profession for that matter.
So; you agree with me. He isn't a great player any more.

I don't agree with you because as I said, he is a great player so I still see him as such. There is no trap or confusion, my opinion is clear about that. You may disagree but that is your right.

GaudinoMotors said:
Blueband Brother said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Go and kiss your poster - Agreed, great player but a diving cheat and not a particular pleasant guy off the pitch

What does that mean, go and kiss your poster? lol. He is a great player and that is the point I am making.

No one is disagreeing with you!! We're taking the piss out of the overdone Scouse schmaltz. There have been many great players but this send off was embarrassing and awkward.

I agree that it is a bit cringeworthy but what do you expect from Liverpool? They are always over dramatic when it comes to these occasions.

Although I will add that he has been in the club throughout his career, has been a leading figure at the club and their best player for such a long time and is a liverpool lad so if there is anyone befitting of this kind of send off them it is him. And I for one really just want to acknowledge how good a player he is.

Blueband Brother said:
Steven Gerard is a great player, has had a very good career at Liverpool and good luck to him.
Balls. He had a very good career at Liverpool, but I'd suggest if you take away the Sky and general media hyperbole, you'd just see a very good footballer. Great? My arse.

malg said:
Blueband Brother said:
Steven Gerard is a great player, has had a very good career at Liverpool and good luck to him.
Balls. He had a very good career at Liverpool, but I'd suggest if you take away the Sky and general media hyperbole, you'd just see a very good footballer. Great? My arse.

Well that is your opinion..of course and I disagree.

Blueband Brother said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Blueband Brother said:
He is a great player

Go and kiss your poster - Agreed, great player but a diving cheat and not a particular pleasant guy off the pitch

What does that mean, go and kiss your poster? lol. He is a great player and that is the point I am making.

Well i think he was a good - very good player, not a great by a long shot.
He is twice the player Beckham ever was but he was average really. He is a rung just under Lampard imo.
I say that because Lampard in his pomp at Chelsea was an absolute machine, beast of a player.

I truly dislike Liverpool. But judging as objective as possible Gerard has had a great career and will be remembered as a great player when he retires. He definitely should have had a better farewell game at Anfield.

Balo's letter to Stevie:

'Stevie... I had the honour to play with you, not for long but still an amazing and unforgettable experience for me.

'You are a great man and a cool captain! It is a pleasure to leave free-kicks and penalties to you.

'I wish you all the best for your next venture and your family. You deserve the best. Good luck my friend, Mario Balotelli.'

And that's why he was overrated in many ways especially last season. A great set piece taker but hasn't been as great a goal scorer or chance creator for several years. A good player but not amazing.

TCIB said:
Blueband Brother said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Well i think he was a good - very good player, not a great by a long shot.
He is twice the player Beckham ever was but he was average really. He is a rung just under Lampard imo.
I say that because Lampard in his pomp at Chelsea was an absolute machine, beast of a player.

Not by a long shot? really? where can I go from there? but I have to say that I absolutely disagree with that. He is a great player and would have had a better carrer in terms of achievements if he left Liverpool. He is world class and a great player and has been for Liverpool. Lampard is also a great player, both different of course as Gerrard is more of a mobile athletic midfielder whereas Lampard is about moving the ball and getting into positions and I don't want to descend into discussion as to which is better but my opinion is that Gerrard is a better all round footballer than Lampard. Beckham is a good player but not in the same level as Gerrard or Lampard.

Truly an icon imo.

A player who I'd describe as 'very very good' for the majority of his career and 'world class' for the period he was at his peak.

If we had a local lad who'd been with us for as long as he's been with Liverpool, helped us win trophies (including the CL), bailed us out of the shit hundreds of times and had pretty much been our best player over almost 2 decades, we'd be wanking ourselves to fucking death over him I'm pretty sure.

Fair play to Gerrard and fair play to the Dippers imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.