Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
eversince 76 said:
I truly dislike Liverpool. But judging as objective as possible Gerard has had a great career and will be remembered as a great player when he retires. He definitely should have had a better farewell game at Anfield.

Yeah, how dare those fucking Cockney types go to Klanfield and spoil poor Starfish's big day.

What mean-spirited bunch of Southern wankahs!

Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
Everyone gets older, weaker and retires eventually in professional sports or any profession for that matter.
So; you agree with me. He isn't a great player any more.

I don't agree with you because as I said, he is a great player so I still see him as such. There is no trap or confusion, my opinion is clear about that. You may disagree but that is your right.
Anyone with reasonable eyesight can see he is no longer a great player. Even the odd sensible Liverpool fan can see it. 5-10 years ago, he was in his prime and was a very good player. A great player? Hmm.

Stoned Rose said:
Truly an icon imo.

A player who I'd describe as 'very very good' for the majority of his career and 'world class' for the period he was at his peak.

If we had a local lad who'd been with us for as long as he's been with Liverpool, helped us win trophies (including the CL), bailed us out of the shit hundreds of times and had pretty much been our best player over almost 2 decades, we'd be wanking ourselves to fucking death over him I'm pretty sure.

Fair play to Gerrard and fair play to the Dippers imo.
Fair Play to You. Title to a great Van Morrison song.

jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
So; you agree with me. He isn't a great player any more.

I don't agree with you because as I said, he is a great player so I still see him as such. There is no trap or confusion, my opinion is clear about that. You may disagree but that is your right.
Anyone with reasonable eyesight can see he is no longer a great player. Even the odd sensible Liverpool fan can see it. 5-10 years ago, he was in his prime and was a very good player. A great player? Hmm.

Whatever you say mate. You seem to just want to argue for the sake of it. If it means that I don't have eyesight or whatever then so be it. There is a reason why I regard him as a great player and that is not what he did today or the past one year for that matter, it is what he has done and shown over his career. This is a pointless discussion. Steven Gerard is still alive and is a great player.

Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:

Whatever you say mate. You seem to just want to argue for the sake of it. If it means that I don't have eyesight or whatever then so be it. There is a reason why I regard him as a great player and that is not what he did today or the past one year for that matter, it is what he has done and shown over his career. This is a pointless discussion. Steven Gerard is still alive and is a great player.
No; not for the sake of it at all. You can't seriously tell me that the Gerrard of this past 18 months is the same Gerrard who pulled you/them back from the brink in Istanbul, who baled you/them out in the cup final against West Ham, who scored that late goal against Olympiakos (?) in the CL. Be honest. You know what I'm saying is true.

I would love to have a player that has stuck with our club and won as many trophies as Gerrard has, also to top it off he's a local lad. Anyone who doesn't agree is just a complete twat. Gerrard is a legend to Liverpool and I would love a player to play for us from the academy and retire with us. Good luck Gerrard!

jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:

No; not for the sake of it at all. You can't seriously tell me that the Gerrard of this past 18 months is the same Gerrard who pulled you/them back from the brink in Istanbul, who baled you/them out in the cup final against West Ham, who scored that late goal against Olympiakos (?) in the CL. Be honest. You know what I'm saying is true.

Perhaps our criteria of what greatness means differ but in my criteria and my opinion, based on what he has done in his career, based on all those things you mentioned and based on his talent , I regard him as a great player and will always be and be remembered as a great player. Some may disagree and some may want to dwell on is and was, but as far as I am concerned Steven Gerard is a great player. I repeat, in my opinion, Steven Gerard is a great player and that greatness will never go away even though his legs go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.