Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
Anyone with reasonable eyesight can see he is no longer a great player. Even the odd sensible Liverpool fan can see it. 5-10 years ago, he was in his prime and was a very good player. A great player? Hmm.

Whatever you say mate. You seem to just want to argue for the sake of it. If it means that I don't have eyesight or whatever then so be it. There is a reason why I regard him as a great player and that is not what he did today or the past one year for that matter, it is what he has done and shown over his career. This is a pointless discussion. Steven Gerard is still alive and is a great player.
No; not for the sake of it at all. You can't seriously tell me that the Gerrard of this past 18 months is the same Gerrard who pulled you/them back from the brink in Istanbul, who baled you/them out in the cup final against West Ham, who scored that late goal against Olympiakos (?) in the CL. Be honest. You know what I'm saying is true.

I'm with you, Jim.

If Starfish was still the same player as he was in the instances you give, he would be playing every game, rather than the bit-part player he has been this season.

He was a great player; he's been a great servant to Liverpool FC, but he's no longer in his pomp and hasn't been for quite some time now.

Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
Whatever you say mate. You seem to just want to argue for the sake of it. If it means that I don't have eyesight or whatever then so be it. There is a reason why I regard him as a great player and that is not what he did today or the past one year for that matter, it is what he has done and shown over his career. This is a pointless discussion. Steven Gerard is still alive and is a great player.
No; not for the sake of it at all. You can't seriously tell me that the Gerrard of this past 18 months is the same Gerrard who pulled you/them back from the brink in Istanbul, who baled you/them out in the cup final against West Ham, who scored that late goal against Olympiakos (?) in the CL. Be honest. You know what I'm saying is true.

Perhaps our criteria of what greatness means differ but in my criteria and my opinion, based on what he has done in his career, based on all those things you mentioned and based on his talent , I regard him as a great player and will always be and be remembered as a great player. Some may disagree and some may want to dwell on is and was, but as far as I am concerned Steven Gerard is a great player. I repeat, in my opinion, Steven Gerard is a great player and that greatness will never go away even though his legs go.
Fine; we'll have to agree to disagree.

That was priceless today. Gerrards farewell didnt go quite too plan did it? Lol dont get me wrong he was half decent in his day, lets not pretend he wasn't.

...just all the build up,the occasion, the quotes etc...really put a smile on my face how it was a complete fuckup.

But, Credit too palace...played out of their skins today!

jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:

Perhaps our criteria of what greatness means differ but in my criteria and my opinion, based on what he has done in his career, based on all those things you mentioned and based on his talent , I regard him as a great player and will always be and be remembered as a great player. Some may disagree and some may want to dwell on is and was, but as far as I am concerned Steven Gerard is a great player. I repeat, in my opinion, Steven Gerard is a great player and that greatness will never go away even though his legs go.
Fine; we'll have to agree to disagree.

Honestly jimbo i don't think you are taking this seriously
Today is a day of national mourning and will be a bank holiday from now on
Don't be so mean and light a candle right now

Blueband Brother said:
TCIB said:
Blueband Brother said:
What does that mean, go and kiss your poster? lol. He is a great player and that is the point I am making.

Well i think he was a good - very good player, not a great by a long shot.
He is twice the player Beckham ever was but he was average really. He is a rung just under Lampard imo.
I say that because Lampard in his pomp at Chelsea was an absolute machine, beast of a player.

Not by a long shot? really? where can I go from there? but I have to say that I absolutely disagree with that. He is a great player and would have had a better carrer in terms of achievements if he left Liverpool. He is world class and a great player and has been for Liverpool. Lampard is also a great player, both different of course as Gerrard is more of a mobile athletic midfielder whereas Lampard is about moving the ball and getting into positions and I don't want to descend into discussion as to which is better but my opinion is that Gerrard is a better all round footballer than Lampard. Beckham is a good player but not in the same level as Gerrard or Lampard.

I know bud i saw your opinion, i have mine though and disagree with your reasoning totally.

Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:

He wasn't even the best English Player in his position in his own era Frank Lampard was he has player more games scored more goals and won more trophies he even won the league Three times to the Starfishes big fat zero

The Dippers are Nauseating with these sort of things and I am amazed anyone other than a dipper has anything nice to say about this scrote.

Oh and the Starfish is a fvcking cheat so not great by ant criteria really

Vienna_70 said:
jimharri said:
Blueband Brother said:

I'm with you, Jim.

If Starfish was still the same player as he was in the instances you give, he would be playing every game, rather than the bit-part player he has been this season.

He was a great player; he's been a great servant to Liverpool FC, but he's no longer in his pomp and hasn't been for quite some time now.
I tried reasoning with him, but he was having none of it. I was arguing for the sake of it. Fine; I'll leave him to it. I just can't be arsed trying to make him see what's in front of him.

TCIB said:
Blueband Brother said:
TCIB said:
Well i think he was a good - very good player, not a great by a long shot.
He is twice the player Beckham ever was but he was average really. He is a rung just under Lampard imo.
I say that because Lampard in his pomp at Chelsea was an absolute machine, beast of a player.

Not by a long shot? really? where can I go from there? but I have to say that I absolutely disagree with that. He is a great player and would have had a better carrer in terms of achievements if he left Liverpool. He is world class and a great player and has been for Liverpool. Lampard is also a great player, both different of course as Gerrard is more of a mobile athletic midfielder whereas Lampard is about moving the ball and getting into positions and I don't want to descend into discussion as to which is better but my opinion is that Gerrard is a better all round footballer than Lampard. Beckham is a good player but not in the same level as Gerrard or Lampard.

I know bud i saw your opinion, i have mine though and disagree with your reasoning totally.

OK No problems. You are not the only one.

karen7 said:
Honestly jimbo i don't think you are taking this seriously
Today is a day of national mourning and will be a bank holiday from now on
Don't be so mean and light a candle right now
Go and pick on someone your own age Kaz. Unlike you, I won't see 22 again.

whp.blue said:
Blueband Brother said:
jimharri said:

He wasn't even the best English Player in his position in his own era Frank Lampard was he has player more games scored more goals and won more trophies he even won the league Three times to the Starfishes big fat zero

The Dippers are Nauseating with these sort of things and I am amazed anyone other than a dipper has anything nice to say about this scrote.

Oh and the Starfish is a fvcking cheat so not great by ant criteria really

OK, that is your opinion. I think he is a great footballer and he would have won more trophies if he had moved to Chelsea when he had the chance but he stayed at Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.