Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
bluethrunthru said:
Am I alone in finding the quiet voice Bodgers uses eulogising over slippery Steve actually quite a bit sinister?

Bodgers sinister?:
Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool.jpg

As Anne Widdecombe once said ......"He has something of the night about him"

bluevengence said:
Ray78 said:
bluethrunthru said:
Am I alone in finding the quiet voice Bodgers uses eulogising over slippery Steve actually quite a bit sinister?

Bodgers sinister?:
Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool.jpg

As Anne Widdecombe once said ......"He has something of the night about him"
He has something of the pantomime dame about him, if you ask me.

I think it shows great leadership and management that even at this late stage, Brenda has still got them playing for 8th.

Blueband Brother said:
TCIB said:
Blueband Brother said:
What does that mean, go and kiss your poster? lol. He is a great player and that is the point I am making.

Well i think he was a good - very good player, not a great by a long shot.
He is twice the player Beckham ever was but he was average really. He is a rung just under Lampard imo.
I say that because Lampard in his pomp at Chelsea was an absolute machine, beast of a player.

Not by a long shot? really? where can I go from there? but I have to say that I absolutely disagree with that. He is a great player and would have had a better carrer in terms of achievements if he left Liverpool. He is world class and a great player and has been for Liverpool. Lampard is also a great player, both different of course as Gerrard is more of a mobile athletic midfielder whereas Lampard is about moving the ball and getting into positions and I don't want to descend into discussion as to which is better but my opinion is that Gerrard is a better all round footballer than Lampard. Beckham is a good player but not in the same level as Gerrard or Lampard.

Good Player - without question
Great Player - Subjective
World Class - No where near

jimharri said:
malg said:
Just watching MOTD and Gerrard's interview wasn't too bad. He actually put paid to that shite about not playing with great players. I was interested in that bit about the coaching badges, and the fact that he doesn't have them yet.

Seen Sturridge's comment about Gerrard being the greatest ever Liverpool player. Nonsense.
Gerrard wouldn't even be in the top 5 all time Liverpool players for me.

Nor for me, Jim.

Off the top of my head:

Dalglish, Keegan, Souness, Hughes, Clemence.

Vienna_70 said:
jimharri said:
malg said:
Just watching MOTD and Gerrard's interview wasn't too bad. He actually put paid to that shite about not playing with great players. I was interested in that bit about the coaching badges, and the fact that he doesn't have them yet.

Seen Sturridge's comment about Gerrard being the greatest ever Liverpool player. Nonsense.
Gerrard wouldn't even be in the top 5 all time Liverpool players for me.

Nor for me, Jim.

Off the top of my head:

Dalglish, Keegan, Souness, Hughes, Clemence.

Heighway. McMahon, Callaghan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.