Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should offer 45m and I know he's not worth it, but they hold the ace card unless sterling asks for a transfer, I think we should bid on every player they are interested in to make sure they pay top dollar for there targets.

As a Liverpool fan I think you guys are over paying for sterling, he is realistically worth £30 m at the best anything more is a madness. If I were a City fan, I'd be asking for the team to get a world class player, with £50m you could get the likes of Isco and Firmino etc....
Anyway it doesn't matter if you handed us £50m or even £100m, we will spend on average mid/relegation team players and I'm sure the price tag asked from Liverpool for Sterling, it's just to fund their Benteke, Clyne targets and probably get Kovavic or someone cheap. I really wish if my team splashed £40m on a 20 years old and not given a single f**k lol.

You failed on your first post.

The £35 million we've bid for Sterling means they'll only get £28 million, due to QPR's 20%.

£4.5 million less than they'll have to pay for Benteke.

Hard luck aminegriffy.

Just had a good chat over a beer with a liverpool fan who talks sense like super and not the loons from rawk. I even started to feel sorry for him the way he was a bit dejected that they are even in a situ to fend of bids for their best players. We had lucky number slevin on in the background and he cottoned on to the bit when Willis says "there was a time" and he carried it on with "...when we did the cherry picking, piss fuck" and i did chuckle.
His main gripe is he see's the top 4 through our eyes a few years ago, locked down to anyone else. I didn't have the heart to rip into him as he admitted he was happy when it was his bunch. He doesn't do forums and such though so when i mentioned rawk he had no idea what i was on about really. Maybe i should show him their comments sometime and cam his reaction haha.

This Sterling case is a weird one. I think both are true:

1. I can't imagine how it's good for us to sell him now, especially locally. I'm bemused by how he's suddenly a shite overrated player when 1. He's 20. 2. We rode him all season.

2. I also don't know why you want him now, there's cheaper English support players available and surely you have some squad fillers in your academy?*

*by the way, off-topic for this thread I guess, but how come you weren't in for Depay? 1/2 the asking price for Sterling. Was the turtle that much of an influence?
The £35 million we've bid for Sterling means they'll only get £28 million, due to QPR's 20%.

£4.5 million less than they'll have to pay for Benteke.

Hasn't Benteke said he wants CL football? Do he and Clyne even want to go to Klanfield?

Couldn't agree more. Giving money to Liverpool to like giving money to the local smackhead

Yup. The GET RID brigade hasn't really thought it out.

I'd rather have a pissed of Sterling playing for a lucrative move away, than a 25M Yannick Bolasie. We will NOT be buying Firminho. We will be buying Berahino or Bolasie.

I genuinely don't see the appeal of Liverpool for Benteke.

Villa were good under Sherwood and Benteke clearly enjoys playing under him.

Let's be honest, Liverpool aren't going anywhere as a club, he isn't going to win anything there.

If Villa give Benteke a bigger wage, it's reported they will, I can see him staying.

Yup. The GET RID brigade hasn't really thought it out.

I'd rather have a pissed of Sterling playing for a lucrative move away, than a 25M Yannick Bolasie. We will NOT be buying Firminho. We will be buying Berahino or Bolasie.

I can see your reasoning but bloody hell if he does turn pissy and not honour his contract it is a fucking arse ache mate.
This place was a fucking war zone with Tevez and Yaya hassle and it was not much better at the club i bet.

I genuinely don't see the appeal of Liverpool for Benteke.

Villa were good under Sherwood and Benteke clearly enjoys playing under him.

Let's be honest, Liverpool aren't going anywhere as a club, he isn't going to win anything there.

If Villa give Benteke a bigger wage, it's reported they will, I can see him staying.

Come on mate. While Liverpool aren't at our level, they're clearly a big step up from Aston Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.