Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Txiki is very meticulous Super, i can only assume that he has looked at all the issues you note and decided Sterling should be looked first.
He will have looked at details we would not even consider i dare say and i do trust him however he needs to perform now he is not hamstrung by ffp.
The squad filling is not much of a demand now we have academy players starting to become ready as you say so that tells me we want him as many do as a starter or at least an important member of the first team.

When we had unhappy players it caused us no end of hassle bud, if i was a Liverpool fan i would want him out but as you say ideally abroad.
I doubt that will happen though personally.

We need English / Home Grown players to fulfil our quota.

Depay is Dutch. So is TT.
This is the reason why it baffles me why we have overseas 2nd choice keeper? Taking up a very valuable overseas spot, and HG numbers could be boosted by signing a adequate HG keeper.

*by the way, off-topic for this thread I guess, but how come you weren't in for Depay? 1/2 the asking price for Sterling. Was the turtle that much of an influence?
We need to fill our English quota and Depay is overrated.

We need to fill our English quota and Depay is overrated.

The English quota is a load of bullsh@t IMO - 17 players can be foreign none UK trained (CL only), our first team GK is HG so we have the ability to field 17 outfield best in the world players and supplement if needed with youth. Sinclair was HG and how many times was he used? Waste of resources buying just because they're HG when we have a queue of players from our loan system to use as HG.

This is the reason why it baffles me why we have overseas 2nd choice keeper? Taking up a very valuable overseas spot, and HG numbers could be boosted by signing a adequate HG keeper.

But Joe needs someone as understudy to push him. That's why we bought a quality 'keeper in Willy, rather than an average English one.

As a Liverpool fan I think you guys are over paying for sterling, he is realistically worth £30 m at the best anything more is a madness. If I were a City fan, I'd be asking for the team to get a world class player, with £50m you could get the likes of Isco and Firmino etc....
Anyway it doesn't matter if you handed us £50m or even £100m, we will spend on average mid/relegation team players and I'm sure the price tag asked from Liverpool for Sterling, it's just to fund their Benteke, Clyne targets and probably get Kovavic or someone cheap. I really wish if my team splashed £40m on a 20 years old and not given a single f**k lol.

As a Liverpool fan I think you guys are over paying for sterling, he is realistically worth £30 m at the best anything more is a madness. If I were a City fan, I'd be asking for the team to get a world class player, with £50m you could get the likes of Isco and Firmino etc....
Anyway it doesn't matter if you handed us £50m or even £100m, we will spend on average mid/relegation team players and I'm sure the price tag asked from Liverpool for Sterling, it's just to fund their Benteke, Clyne targets and probably get Kovavic or someone cheap. I really wish if my team splashed £40m on a 20 years old and not given a single f**k lol.

I like you.

Couldn't agree more. Giving money to Liverpool to like giving money to the local smackhead

I like you.

The thing is a lot of our fan base are deluded especially "99.9%" on RAWK. The season when we were challenging you guys for the title, Raheem was one of the best talents in the world and they were comparing him to the likes of Hazard but this year when he wanted to leave because he sees City as his next big step, and wants to challenge for trophies instead of aiming every for top 4 then missing it.

I don't want to turn this post on discussing our transfers strategy approach but I'm not gonna hate on Sterling for leaving the club because we really got used it, the same as Torres and Suarez left before, we cannot pay top wages like you and we aren't challenging for the league any time soon as we can't even make top 4 yet alone compete with you or Chelsea or even Arsenal and UTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.