Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lad I work with from Newport went to watch Liverpool the other night, Its only the 3rd time he has been Anfield as his first team is Cardiff but when he feels like it he becomes a staunch Liverpool fan (Who hates the English by the way). Anyway he got back in work on the Thursday (after having Wed off) and was straight in my face with a clip of Pellegrini looking glum on the City bench with the score at 1-1. He thought the game had finished 1-1. So he was all mouthy saying what's happened to us and how Liverpool are going to catch us (The scouse delusion has caught on) I just give him my phone and let him watch the 2nd half highlights, whilst I went and made a brew and see his face drop

Pezzer2 said:
A lad I work with from Newport went to watch Liverpool the other night, Its only the 3rd time he has been Anfield as his first team is Cardiff but when he feels like it he becomes a staunch Liverpool fan (Who hates the English by the way). Anyway he got back in work on the Thursday (after having Wed off) and was straight in my face with a clip of Pellegrini looking glum on the City bench with the score at 1-1. He thought the game had finished 1-1. So he was all mouthy saying what's happened to us and how Liverpool are going to catch us (The scouse delusion has caught on) I just give him my phone and let him watch the 2nd half highlights, whilst I went and made a brew and see his face drop
You left your phone with a (admittedly occasional) Liverpool fan. Did you get the phone back? With all the credit still on it?

jimharri said:
Pezzer2 said:
You left your phone with a (admittedly occasional) Liverpool fan. Did you get the phone back? With all the credit still on it?
Good thing he wasn't a full-time liverpool fan.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Vienna_70 said:
The bit in bold seems to confirm what you said, Prestwich.
I know it's right. I read somewhere that their previous supplier reckoned the contract was worth no more than something like £14m a year (what was the second highest bid John?) yet Warrior offered them £25m plus allowed them to keep control of branded leisurewear sales. Warrior, through their existing relationship with the Red Sox, were supposedly "introduced" to Liverpool by Henry.

You can imagine the conversation if they hadn't been "introduced" and knocked on Ian Ayre's door. Be like something out of a Bob Newhart sketch.

WS: "Hello. We're Warrior Sports and we'd like to talk to you about manufacturing your kit."
IA: "Righty-o. What other clubs do you do this for?"
WS: "Well, none actually."
IA: "None? Do you make any sporting kits?"
WS: "Yes. We're very big in Lacrosse."
IA: "Lacrosse? I see. Not a huge market over here really. We're looking for someone who has experience of football, sorry guys Soccer, kits and who can distribute these in the markets where we're big."
WS: "And where is that?"
IA: "Well the Far East for example."
WS "Like Maine & Vermont you mean?"
IA: "Err no. Like Malaysia."
WS: "Malaysia hey (Herb - look that up)."
IA: "And we're big in Scandinavia as well."
WS: "Is that next to this Malaysia place?"
IA: "Thank you. I'll let you know."

That does paint a comical scene in the mind hehe.

jimharri said:
Pezzer2 said:

He's Welsh don't forget. He's got the IQ of a rabbit. The thought of nicking it, will have just crossed his mind 2 days after the event

Prestwich_Blue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
New Balance? Is that also owned by the Fenway Sports Group?

According to somebody on here the other day.
Don't think it is but there is a long connection between them and Fenway and it's always worth taunting them with. Also the fact that their shirts bear the name of the world's biggest money launderer, when they talk about our owners.

There's no doubt Liverpool gave them a leg-up to get into the football kit market and they paid through the nose for that. One thing I heard is that Liverpool demanded they had full rights to sales of their branded leisurewear, which most kit manufacturers never grant.

In the service of full intellectual honesty, there isn't really an ownership relationship between FSG/Werner/Henry and Warrior/NuBalance/Jim Davis.

But certainly both big parts of the Boston business/sports community and with a long history of doing business with each other.

Little Brendan getting more deluded by the day
Now he's doing a Jim Bowen,this is what we could've won

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/rodgers-this-liverpool-side-could-have-won-champions-league-021915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/r ... gue-021915</a>

For those of you who can't read the article, here it is:

Rodgers: This Liverpool side could have won Champions League

Brendan Rodgers believes that his current Liverpool side could have won the Champions League if they had not been knocked out in December.

Rodgers' Reds picked up just five points in the group stages of the competition - failing to beat Basel at home in their final, must-win match - but after winning six of their last ten Premier League games, the Northern Irishman is bullish once again.

Liverpool now face Besiktas in the Europa League with Rodgers now suggesting that they would have competed in the knock-out stages of the premier competition.

"You just never know with the Champions League because sometimes it's not the best teams that win it. I think if you're in a cup competition that's sometimes the case, especially in those big European competitions," said Rodgers.

"I felt if we were maybe the team we had (last year) or were further down the road with this team then we'd have had a chance with the Champions League, that's the reality.

"If we were in it now with this group and the confidence we're showing and the way of working then we would have had a chance. Of course there's maybe other teams that are more experienced and better equipped with their squads.

"Certainly it wasn't the real Liverpool earlier on in the season. I was obviously hopeful that we could still be in the Champions League at this stage but it's not to be.

"We're still in a very good competition, we'll attack these games in this competition like we have those in the last few months.

"We'd put in two years of work building to get through to that stage and our objectives from me personally were very clear, we wanted to make the Champions League.

"Of course to arrive in there not having the team and the way of working to go and play that way, it was frustrating.

"But it's a great learning curve for us and I hope we can be in it for other years to come consistently and hopefully we can be a lot more stable and consistent with our performance."

----------------------------

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Little Brendan getting more deluded by the day
Now he's doing a Jim Bowen,this is what we could've won

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/rodgers-this-liverpool-side-could-have-won-champions-league-021915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/r ... gue-021915</a>

For those of you who can't read the article, here it is:

Rodgers: This Liverpool side could have won Champions League

Brendan Rodgers believes that his current Liverpool side could have won the Champions League if they had not been knocked out.
The bloke is comedy gold isn't he? Surely even those masters of self-delusion known as Liverpool fans must cringe when they read stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.