Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money ball hey get all the freebies from players who won't sign a contract and stitch up clubs like Bolton with no fee for them when they really need it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33107895

Liverpool have signed Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper Adam Bogdan on a free transfer after personal terms were agreed.

Bogdan made 120 appearances for the Championship side after signing for the Trotters in 2007.

He will provide competition for first-choice keeper Simon Mignolet after the Reds released Brad Jones.

Bogdan made 13 appearances this season and faced Liverpool in the FA Cup fourth round at Anfield in January.

He became first choice at Bolton during the 2011-12 season but his appearances have been limited by injury in the past two terms.

The Anfield club have now made three signings this summer after strikerDanny Ings and midfielder James Milner agreed switches, subject to medicals.

Strange how Ings from Burnley to Liverpool is seen by the press as a player trying to improve his lot
Where as sterling from Liverpool to city is seen as the worst transfer ever ,by the same press.
Haven't seen any criticism from any ex Liverpool player of the ings deal .
Or for that matter any ex Burnley players slating Ings

CHAJKfvWwAApj5I.jpg

Not from rawk, but sums them up quite nicely. Stolen from the Reddit thread: Teams I hate in the spotlight: Liverpool.

History

On the playing front, it’s hard to argue against Liverpool’s dominant success domestically and overseas – but I’ll give it a good fecking go. Bill Shankly was first on the scene to win things for Liverpool in spectacular fashion – completely transforming the club. An outstanding manager who was as quotable as he was successful; Shankly won 3 league titles – one immediately after getting Liverpool promoted from the then second division - 2 FA Cups, and a UEFA cup amongst other things. Then, in true Liverpool fashion, the club completely cut ties with their heroic talisman under the guise of moving the team forward. Steven Gerrard Bill Shankly, like a man serving a death row sentence, found God. That God was the ever welcoming Everton Football Club:

"I have been received more warmly by Everton than I have by Liverpool. It is scandalous that I should have to write these things about the club that I helped build into what it is today."

• From Bill Shankly's autobiography 'It's More Important Than That' (1976), discussing the period after his retirement.

Shankly saw the light and walked towards it and all you heathen Liverpool fans out there will also walk this path later on in life - You simply haven’t reached enlightenment yet. Goodison Park is life. Goodison Park is eternal. Shankly died a Blue.

Success was continued in the form of Bob Paisley’s Liverpool in which the club continued to pick up silverware. From all accounts, Paisley was a great bloke and an even better manager. But, coming from this stranger on the internet, I can tell you he was a massive trophy hoarding cnut. Skipping this era really helps with my agenda.

Contemporary Liverpool haven’t enjoyed the romping success previous decades have provided and it’s mainly because they’re shit. In 2005 the club reached the Champions League final via a serious of fluke results. Against Olympiakos, Steven Gerrard sliced a half-volley in to the far corner which helped qualify the team for the knock-out rounds. In the semi-final, Luis Garcia scored a phantom goal that sunk Chelsea – the ball did not cross the line. Then, in the final, the miracle of Instanbul occurred. The self-described greatest game of all time consisted of Steven Gerrard diving to win a penalty, no winning goal being scored, and the match was decided by an Andriy Shevchenko missed penalty. Millions of Liverpool fans headed out to have ‘5 Times’ branded upon their skin by their local tattoo artist making them not only really individual but also helping other fans identify and avoid them before being pummeled into submission by stories of ‘Stevie G’ and the final without a winning goal.

The current Liverpool team is much different to what has come to be expected from their disillusioned fans. Their fearless leader is a pedicured David Brent caricature and their team consists of overrated and overvalued footballers. However, this doesn’t stop the fan base from believing they deserve to be at the top of the table via football divinity. With the increasingly hilarity of high profile players turning down the chance to join Liverpool and those they have on the books wanting to leave, the future is bright for all us who hate them. Unfortunately, each time in the past when it has looked like they were about to nose dive in to the abyss, they have rose like The Undertaker from their casket. Another shit summer’s worth of transfers and my Belief Mobile will be accepting passengers.

Supporters

Becoming a Liverpool fan takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Years of studying ancient mythologies and historical poetry is required so you can compare Brendan Rogers to Ares and write cringeworthy sonnets about distant victories of the past. Being able to create a banner or flag is essential and Latin speakers are desirable. Clothing consists of anything you like as long as you constantly wear a Liverpool scarf and lift it above your head like a tool for every rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone you hear. Location is not important. If anyone ever questions your bewildering loyalty for the club due to your residence being over 500 miles away from the city of Liverpool simply start to lie. A common and battle-worn excuse is to explain how a family member, who happens to be ‘a massive red’, influenced you from a young age. This tactic has worked handily for decades.

Rivalries

Geographically, Liverpool’s main rival is Everton Football Club. However, most Liverpool fans don’t feel this way because they don’t live within the city. Liverpool fans have a tendency to class any club that is currently successful as their rivals in a bid to make their team feel relevant and important. During the 90’s, the big rivalry became Liverpool and Manchester United largely due to United’s roaring success. Liverpool fans around the world were appalled that another team was allowed to win league titles in their presence. How dare they. Then, after the avalanche of money Roman Ambramovich invested, Liverpool self-appointed Chelsea as one of their new-age rivals and repeatedly mocked the club for their lack of class and attempts to buy success. I believe the Liverpool song goes “feck off, Chelsea FC. You ain’t got no history.” Liverpool then sold their club twice in the space of three years to wealthy American entrepreneurs in a move they refuse to believe to be hypocritical as they continue to see their American empire as everything that is good and organic about English football.

Conclusion

I hope you liked my brief history of Liverpool Football Club. To finish I would just like to let you all know that I am a veteran historian on the subject of hating Liverpool and my opinion can be trusted as fact.

feck off, Liverpool.

Not from rawk, but sums them up quite nicely. Stolen from the Reddit thread: Teams I hate in the spotlight: Liverpool.

History

On the playing front, it’s hard to argue against Liverpool’s dominant success domestically and overseas – but I’ll give it a good fecking go. Bill Shankly was first on the scene to win things for Liverpool in spectacular fashion – completely transforming the club. An outstanding manager who was as quotable as he was successful; Shankly won 3 league titles – one immediately after getting Liverpool promoted from the then second division - 2 FA Cups, and a UEFA cup amongst other things. Then, in true Liverpool fashion, the club completely cut ties with their heroic talisman under the guise of moving the team forward. Steven Gerrard Bill Shankly, like a man serving a death row sentence, found God. That God was the ever welcoming Everton Football Club:

"I have been received more warmly by Everton than I have by Liverpool. It is scandalous that I should have to write these things about the club that I helped build into what it is today."

• From Bill Shankly's autobiography 'It's More Important Than That' (1976), discussing the period after his retirement.

Shankly saw the light and walked towards it and all you heathen Liverpool fans out there will also walk this path later on in life - You simply haven’t reached enlightenment yet. Goodison Park is life. Goodison Park is eternal. Shankly died a Blue.

Success was continued in the form of Bob Paisley’s Liverpool in which the club continued to pick up silverware. From all accounts, Paisley was a great bloke and an even better manager. But, coming from this stranger on the internet, I can tell you he was a massive trophy hoarding cnut. Skipping this era really helps with my agenda.

Contemporary Liverpool haven’t enjoyed the romping success previous decades have provided and it’s mainly because they’re shit. In 2005 the club reached the Champions League final via a serious of fluke results. Against Olympiakos, Steven Gerrard sliced a half-volley in to the far corner which helped qualify the team for the knock-out rounds. In the semi-final, Luis Garcia scored a phantom goal that sunk Chelsea – the ball did not cross the line. Then, in the final, the miracle of Instanbul occurred. The self-described greatest game of all time consisted of Steven Gerrard diving to win a penalty, no winning goal being scored, and the match was decided by an Andriy Shevchenko missed penalty. Millions of Liverpool fans headed out to have ‘5 Times’ branded upon their skin by their local tattoo artist making them not only really individual but also helping other fans identify and avoid them before being pummeled into submission by stories of ‘Stevie G’ and the final without a winning goal.

The current Liverpool team is much different to what has come to be expected from their disillusioned fans. Their fearless leader is a pedicured David Brent caricature and their team consists of overrated and overvalued footballers. However, this doesn’t stop the fan base from believing they deserve to be at the top of the table via football divinity. With the increasingly hilarity of high profile players turning down the chance to join Liverpool and those they have on the books wanting to leave, the future is bright for all us who hate them. Unfortunately, each time in the past when it has looked like they were about to nose dive in to the abyss, they have rose like The Undertaker from their casket. Another shit summer’s worth of transfers and my Belief Mobile will be accepting passengers.

Supporters

Becoming a Liverpool fan takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Years of studying ancient mythologies and historical poetry is required so you can compare Brendan Rogers to Ares and write cringeworthy sonnets about distant victories of the past. Being able to create a banner or flag is essential and Latin speakers are desirable. Clothing consists of anything you like as long as you constantly wear a Liverpool scarf and lift it above your head like a tool for every rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone you hear. Location is not important. If anyone ever questions your bewildering loyalty for the club due to your residence being over 500 miles away from the city of Liverpool simply start to lie. A common and battle-worn excuse is to explain how a family member, who happens to be ‘a massive red’, influenced you from a young age. This tactic has worked handily for decades.

Rivalries

Geographically, Liverpool’s main rival is Everton Football Club. However, most Liverpool fans don’t feel this way because they don’t live within the city. Liverpool fans have a tendency to class any club that is currently successful as their rivals in a bid to make their team feel relevant and important. During the 90’s, the big rivalry became Liverpool and Manchester United largely due to United’s roaring success. Liverpool fans around the world were appalled that another team was allowed to win league titles in their presence. How dare they. Then, after the avalanche of money Roman Ambramovich invested, Liverpool self-appointed Chelsea as one of their new-age rivals and repeatedly mocked the club for their lack of class and attempts to buy success. I believe the Liverpool song goes “feck off, Chelsea FC. You ain’t got no history.” Liverpool then sold their club twice in the space of three years to wealthy American entrepreneurs in a move they refuse to believe to be hypocritical as they continue to see their American empire as everything that is good and organic about English football.

Conclusion

I hope you liked my brief history of Liverpool Football Club. To finish I would just like to let you all know that I am a veteran historian on the subject of hating Liverpool and my opinion can be trusted as fact.

feck off, Liverpool.

Don't you mean stolen from redcafe?

Will spunk the Sterling money down the drain on mediocre signings as well.

Yes, this is what pretty much all of us are terrified about. No pollyana delusions on this one--even on RAWK there they're dreading what we'd do with $$$.

Alonso - > Aquilani -> Allen

Mascherano - > Poulsen - > No DM

Kuyt - > Downing -> Probably some third rate replacement for Sterling

Torres/Suarez - > Balotelli - > Ings & Benteke

Hyypia -> Carragher - > Lovren

Maxi -> Joe Cole -> Lallana

Yes, this is what pretty much all of us are terrified about. No pollyana delusions on this one--even on RAWK there they're dreading what we'd do with $$$.

Alonso - > Aquilani -> Allen

Mascherano - > Poulsen - > No DM

Kuyt - > Downing -> Probably some third rate replacement for Sterling

Torres/Suarez - > Balotelli - > Ings & Benteke

Hyypia -> Carragher - > Lovren

Maxi -> Joe Cole -> Lallana

It's not entirely your transfer committee's fault though, the fact of the matter is top players don't live in the 70s and 80s in their minds and have no intention of playing for your lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.