Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The families and friends aside, neither Munich nor Hillsborough are no longer tragedies that have affected the club imo and instead have become a marketing managers dream to be milked financially at every opportunity and it is that sole reason why both are continually rammed down our throats at any and every opportunity as the need to keep both in the public domain and high profile for financial gain is all that seems to matter to both clubs.

I dont see the same behaviour from Rangers or Bradford which backs up my thoughts imo.
This is the same club who had a minutes silence for Hillsborough on their US tour in July 2014 in Boston. 'Come and support Liverpool on tour, wallow for a minute in silence not even fucking close to an anniversary with no relevance other than a marketing stunt, and you too can become deluded like the rest'.

This is the same club who had a minutes silence for Hillsborough on their US tour in July 2014 in Boston. 'Come and support Liverpool on tour, wallow for a minute in silence not even fucking close to an anniversary with no relevance other than a marketing stunt, and you too can become deluded like the rest'.

I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't surprise me and just rubber stamps what it has become to them.

I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't surprise me and just rubber stamps what it has become to them.
Here. Was toe curling. And for the record, I am in possession of a scouse wife (everton) who knew two people who died at Hillsborough, so I am now way shape or form belittling what happened (not that it requires a direct connection to be fair, what happened that day was disgusting), but for LFC to do this was just sick inducing.

EDIT: Tried to post a link to the event, failed miserably. A quick google search will turn it up, Fenway Park 2014

Here we go again. 'It isn't our fault, its just a few idiots'.

It never is your fault, is it?

It happens time and time again that your supporters act like feral scum - 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, five years ago, and again this year. But no matter how many times it happens nor how bad the incidents are, neither your club nor your supporter base - and I include you specifically in this - actually acknowledge that you have a problem in terms of how a large section of your fans act. Nobody disputes that it is a minority of your fans, but a sizeable one nonetheless.

But here is the problem. YOU DO NOTHING ABOUT IT EVER. Chelsea have got rid of the scummy NF element of their support, West Ham have got rid of the element that thought dressing like top boys and kicking the shit out of people was a good way to spend a Saturday. Lots of other teams have tackled their problem element. But you? You minimise the problem, tell the world it is just a few idiots even though it happens time and time again, and you pretend you don't have a problem when the rest of the football world knows you do. And because you and the club you support are in a state of denial, like an alcoholic who doesn't admit to his problem, you will never eradicate that scum element of support. So it is just a matter of time before your fans act like animals again.

Then you say your club apologised as though that should be the end of it. How many arrests have been made? How many stewards have been dismissed or even reprimanded for their abject failure to keep the City players safe? How many times has Jurgen Klopp said 'these people are not proper LFC supporters, they are tarnishing the name of this club and if you have footage of people throwing objects at the City coach I am asking you personally to send them to the police'?

Actions speak louder than words, and both your club and your fan base have done fuck all to make amends for their own scummy behaviour.

You don't like being tarred with the same brush as the feral scum that follow your team around? Then do something about it.

What can i do ?
I have no cotnrol over what the club does or doesn't do.
Klopp even stated for those "idiots to be banned".
To be honest, most of the time the fans are well behaved.

Issuing an apology and having it accepted are very different things i'm afraid and a mealy mouthed apology, issued only because UEFA threw the rule book at you was far too little, far too late i'm afraid.

The bus greeting was both club, supporter and police sanctioned and organised and every man, woman and dog knew how it would tun out and to suggest otherwise if frankly insulting.

The question is if we knew it would turn out like it did, why didn't you as supporters, the club and the police?

I don't think the club knew people would be throwing things at the coach.That was random.

Also I do think you guys are over exaggerating the incident.
No one on YOUR side was hurt.
It wasnt pretty.
So your bus was thrown at with cans and bottles. but come on theres no need to cry a river about it. The real shameful stuff going on here is Pep making an analogy to the bomb attack on the Dortmund bus, after blaming random Anfield employees...

What can i do ?
I have no cotnrol over what the club does or doesn't do.
Klopp even stated for those "idiots to be banned".
To be honest, most of the time the fans are well behaved.

Most of the time they are not playing teams who are a threat to them.

As soon as they do, they are a bunch of utter fucking ****s & always have been.

What can i do ?

For a start and given you are on the biggest City from in the world, take on board some of the sensibly written criticism of your supporters, club and police for the bus greeting that should have been avoided and never been allowed to take place.

Of course not every Liverpool fan is an idiot or condones what went on but many thousands did turn up for it and a sizable enough number of them committed criminal acts that evening and you got lucky as a club that no one on the bus got injured because the behaviour of many that night could well have ended in the injury or worse for those on board.

Yes Klopp apologised and yes the club also apologised but this thread and City fans knew what would happen but in the lead up to the game, instead of those concerns being listened to, your fans, club, manager and even Merseyside police ignored them and instead of calling for order and calm instead stoked the fires up demanding a hostile reception and im afraid saying sorry afterwards just doesn't cut it for many of us.

To laugh or dismiss that night off and other incidents like many of your supporter base have is not on im afraid and until you actually realise the damage it has caused and will continue to cause im afraid the stick you and others get will not stop.

Not true.It was only to you guys ,if memory serves me right.

Well isn't that the very problem being repeatedly mentioned on here ?

None of your memories ever serve any of you fucking lot right, you just remember what suits you.

You have burned your bridges with City & it won't be forgotten, but in years to come the 'history' will be changed & it will all be our fault, & we incited it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.