Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the net spend argument works for some clubs clubs that do not have money for whatever reason. Burnley simply can not risk mortgaging their future on big name players. They know it could all go to shit in a season and then would be fucked (like Villa and Leeds). Spurs are committed to a neutral-ish net spend because their lenders insist on it. Arsenal want to build value for their shareholders.

Liverpool's neutral net spend is not the same. They want to be big spenders. Their problem is their players don't want to be part of that madhouse. They are reluctantly net neutral. They are not there by choice. They are wishing they could be City. And failing. In short, they are a bit pathetic.
Very well put mate and very much what I was thinking.

They haven't finalized the Salah sale to Madrid yet.

Exactly. Back to zero net spend in the summer. And more posts about how they do things "the right way". And how City, Chelsea and United are ruining football

Last edited:
The thing about salah is if he didn’t play for those ****s I’d have a lot of time for him.
But I genuinely cannot abide with seeing anything going well for either them or the Scum.
So until he fucks them off for a bigger club I hate him!

This net spending bullshit from Liverpool fans are just a way to take away the pressure. They have become a small minded club , the dont want to be favorites , the want to be underdog and if they win they can make a movie about there glory. But guess who have the biggest net spend for season 2018-19 LOL another one getting a way from them YNWA = You never win anything not even the net spend cup.

https://i.redditmedia.com/3OQpqPDpMNR1C4RtKIMcXh_pRh6N9D-ipbcXaVSOk5M.png?fit=crop&crop=faces,entropy&arh=2&w=960&s=254ec5df49211688099b88d42772816d

Really don’t understand the whole net spend argument, it’s just an excuse for failure which Liverpool are well accustomed to. It’s like arsenal fans bragging about having cash in the bank, no one cares and makes it all the funnier when you fail year after year.

We spend what we want on the basis of a sound financial model now, net spend doesn’t come into it other than the overall impact to our accounts, of which transfers are just one part.
Net spend should surely just be the difference between what you spend and what you earn, from whatever source. We spend $200 million using money we got from sponsorship deals and prize money and TV money, etc. and they spend $200 million using money they got from selling an asset. How does that make their net spend any different?

It's really only about balancing the books at the end of the day, not where the income part comes from.

Isn't net spend a way of hiding what you've actually spent building your squad in a way?

Last year for example a lot of what Liverpool spent is masked by the Coutinho fee. When in reality they broke the world record on a CB tranfer fee(a futher £70m on Salah and Chamberlain combined), it's mad how some seem to think they are genuinely doing things differently, they're not. The only difference is not all clubs have to sell their top players if they don't want to because they make enough elsewhere and they have owners who are happy to break even.

It's a load of shit how they want to make net spend the single focal point in club spending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.