Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember which round of the league cup they lost in, but that's four defeats in 18/19 games. They are fortunate not to have dropped more league points.

So the Europa League isn’t a competition?
You wouldn’t like to see them playing on Thursdays and Sundays and working their arses off to win that pot?

They fall out of the CL and they go and emulate the Ragamuffins by winning the Europa, and once won it will be a much better competition than the CL! And they have automatic entry for next year's CL when they fall away and let in The likes of EFC!!

So the Europa League isn’t a competition?
You wouldn’t like to see them playing on Thursdays and Sundays and working their arses off to win that pot?

No matter how you slice it, Europa is a major step down from CL - although as a competition, I have long found it a spirited & underrated one. Mentally it would allow them to focus on the league more IMHO

Lippity Klippity was suggesting earlier in the week that PSG need to be worried as Salad has got back his mojo. The guy's a fraudster. I wonder how many Dippers, back from Paris, will be straight down Trading Standards demanding a full refund. Or are they gearing up for one last hurrah, another famous night at Anfield! Sforza, Napoli!

No matter how you slice it, Europa is a major step down from CL - although as a competition, I have long found it a spirited & underrated one. Mentally it would allow them to focus on the league more IMHO
Disagree, the mere fact they'd be chasing us by playing mostly Sundays will have a bigger psychological effect than keeping pace in the champions league. It'd be tiring week after week trying to keep on our coattails rather than getting points on the board first.

I've never seen a side address it's weaknesses by spending 200m and then get worse.

They're a shadow of the side from last season, I still can't believe we let them off the hook at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.