Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debatable if that was worse, tbh.
8 points behind, same games played, 5 games to go with a head to head left. We needed them to drop 5 points in 4 games outside the head to head.
We needed Liverpool to drop 3 in 3 games and to win our matches.
Considering we were up against the pisscan's rag team as well, I think 11/12 was far worse.

Fucking hell mate, even if they were to beat us on the 3rd I’m not sure I’d be waving the white flag just yet. We’ve been in worse situations before...

troll_football_image_2113e8d31c708d81779f6e45ac03377b.jpg
Arses flapping mid December. You wouldn't know we were only a point behind.
I'm just glad we've already got to 40 points otherwise their might have been people jumping off buildings.

They are a brilliant team, have to give credit where it’s due, personally think they will win league by few points from us, I will get slaughtered now but just don’t see them slipping up, bit like us last season, tin hat is on and awaits bombardment

Don't know about 'the plasterer' as your moniker. How about 'plastered'
;)

Let’s hope history - sorry, iiistreee - repeats itself.

14 out of 26 fucking hell that surprises me.

So if 8 out of last 9 that means upto a few years the champions used to come from behind as only 6 out of 17 ended up champs.

You can basically make stats do whatever you want.

In the last 9 seasons, the team top at Christmas have won the league 8 times

Liverpool were the team that SLIPPED UP there - we won it in that season 2013/14.

However, in the last 26 seasons, the team top at Xmas only won it on 14 occasions.

To be fair I don't expect us to lose on the 3rd. And yes my use of the word probability was slightly inaccurate so also fair, but the trend is fact (9 times over the last 10 years), not myth. Of course if a side were going to break the trend, it would be this City side (as we also did in 2014).

It is 8 times in 9 years, BUT only 14 times in 26 years.

Lets be honest, they’re a bloody good team this year. Let’s see where it goes. I’m not scared, nor am I 100% sure it’s ours... That said, if I had to pick one, I’d still pick us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.