Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the most blue tinted specs fan has to agree they’re doing well. They’ve made a couple of good signings and are winning, and sometimes being gifted a game.
All we can do is beat those we come up against. Palace is a game we need to push on from. I can see other teams adapting to that tactic now because it’s a proven way to beat us. What’s more worrying is that we waste so many chances before we actually score. Yet other teams are smashing them past us at every chance.
I have no doubt we will improve after this blip, but we can’t afford to let the dippers get more than 8 points ahead. They won’t make the same mistake twice. I wouldn’t be able to bear the sight of Klipperty and his teeth like a witch doctors necklace all over the media.

We missed lots of chances last year too , and have carried on this season.

If we could cure that problem, results like yesterday's would probably not happen, because our fuckups wouldn't have carried the same weight as they did.

We need another striker, a DM and our players back from injury pronto.

We'll really struggle if they beat us in Jan.
Not sure we need a striker tbh. I would rather see a DM and a LB.
Looks like Mendy is having this season off as well, when he plays, he’s like Bambi on ice and picks up injuries quicker than a dipper gets his benefits.

Bollocks - never give up until its mathematically impossible - and to give up on 3rd Jan would be pathetic. Seven points behind with almost half a season to go - yeah I bet all Pep's team talks for the rest of the season would be telling the lads to make sure we can secure second spot as the title is gone..............

Who's saying it will only be 7. No I'm sure pep wouldn't be telling his team there playing for 2nd but imo we would be

city was a shit load of games a head last season and united and media never said its city title until we won the league with 6 games to go , never give up and fight to the end liverpool will have to win the league because manchester city will not give to them because of a 4 point lead at christmas, and i feel liverpool are going to feel the pressure more and more and games when teams are fighting for something like the drop or top 6 place then it will be game on

but you know what if liverpool do end up winning the league it will be city pushing them all the way and if jose and united can take 2nd place as a victory then i will take it and how can we moan about manchester city finishing 2nd in the league when darker days have happen in the last 40 years of this great club

They could turn us over of course. But logic would suggest it's unlikely. We should have won at Anfield, and that was without KDB. Judging by the last 2 games at the Etihad, if the ref is somewhat fair and we take our chance, we win. No certainty of either of those of course.

Two gigantic ifs, though, aren’t they?

Who's saying it will only be 7. No I'm sure pep wouldn't be telling his team there playing for 2nd but imo we would be
Yep we could lose the two matches on between and be 13 points behind

At least we have got the 40+ points in the bag just in case we lose every remaining game this season.

A lot of if's n but's flying around at the minute. Surely Liverpool will lose a couple of games from now until end of season. We just have to make sure we are there or there abouts them when they do. As much as yesterday was frustrating it's hard to be positive when we look at the two contrasts between us and them. There were a handful of games last season where we rode our luck at times and scored last minute winners. This last few weeks have highlighted though how much we need the DM (fernandinho) role filling. And also full back areas we thought we had addressed are looking suspect. Add to that a misfiring CF line is no wonder we are falling behind.

Liverpool aren't as attack minded as last season but defensively they're incredibly strong.

Van Dijk was a monster who we should have signed as his quality was glaringly obvious.

They're going to be a threat and whilst our squad is stronger, we're hamstrung with injuries. We desperately need to burst their bubble on the 3rd January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.