Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
To ref a game like that is incredibly hard, I believe they are sometimes influenced by the atmosphere but I wouldnt want to attempt to do that job.
Why cant everybody just accept the fact that Liverpool are playing much better than us and deserve to be ahead of us instead of looking for 'other' reasons ?

We simply have to up our game, surely every City fan can see we are poor atm and Liverpool are playing very very well.

(much as I hate saying it but lets be a bit sportsmanlike)

Liverpool are brilliant abs deserve to be top of the table. That doesn’t justify what was arguably the worst refereeing performance in the history of the Prem.

Think a few on here need to take blue tinted glasses off, they are a brilliant team, sometimes you just have to admire a team that is simply playing better than us, no harm in a bit of dignity

Indeed. They’ve had an incredible season so far. You have to respect that. Still not beyond the realms of possibility that we can reel them in, but there is virtually no margin for error any more.

Liverpool are brilliant abs deserve to be top of the table. That doesn’t justify what was arguably the worst refereeing performance in the history of the Prem.
Unfortunately it was nowhere near that.

It was just a typical 'chosen team' performance, of the kind Utd used to regularly get, during the same kind of period.

Which has been, for the most part, surprisingly missing from any of our campaigns.

Unfortunately it was nowhere near that.

It was just a typical 'chosen team' performance, of the kind Utd used to regularly get, during the same kind of period.

Which has been, for the most part, surprisingly missing from any of our campaigns.

I saw the refs performance difference mate. I was laughing that a free kick or penalty was awarded every time Arsenal made a challenge.

Liverpool are playing much better than us and I have no qualms about that. Also, great credit goes to the performances of Palace, Leicester and Chelsea against us. My main problem with last night is for the humiliation the Arsenal fans faced when the score should have been closer (even given Arsenal’s shambolic defence) Like many on here, I go to the majority of away games and it isn’t much fun returning home on the end of a thrashing, even though most have had a good few beers by that stage.

As well as all the luck they’re having, and the very favourable officiating that has come their way, they’ve also had the least strenuous schedule over Christmas.

They are being given every helping hand possible.

The mighty Burnley?
There’s nothing to say we wouldn’t have got beat in those two games anyway. Form isn’t great and we aren’t playing well. But to give up now is wrong imo. Half the season left. I guarantee we will retain the league.
Put your life savings on that, it will be a guaranteed return

Fuck me we lost Fernandinho and then subsequently lost to Palace and Leicester. They lost Salah Mane and Firminho and Gomez and beat Burnley 3-1
Wow!

We’ve had Mendy and KDB out for most of the season and then in December we lost Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho. The games we lost against Palace and Leicester were down to those injuries.

Liverpool have had all the luck. Injuries, big moments (Mahrez, Pickford) big decisions etc. But they are playing incredibly well and deserve to be where they are. If we win our next two games, with everyone coming back to fitness and the fixture list opening up, we’ll be favorites again. Winning these next two is the hard part. 4 points or less and it’s done.

As well as all the luck they’re having, and the very favourable officiating that has come their way, they’ve also had the least strenuous schedule over Christmas.

They are being given every helping hand possible.
Palace, Leicester, Southampton and arsenal. One of the top 4.

Wolves, Newcastle, arsenal and us. Two of the top 4. Ours has been less strenuous - on paper. They’ve simply hit a red patch. We will again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.