Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do understand, don’t you, that there is no basic argument about what happened? That ex employees of MCFC, whilst working for LFC, illegally accessed MCFC’s computer systems? There might have been arguments about whether LFC should carry the can for the illegal acts of their employers, and there might have been arguments about whether the fair amount of compensation should have been more or less than the £1m agreed on. Sometimes settling is better than fighting in court, not least because it avoids the publicity, but in this instance it is not because there is any argument about the illegal activity that went on.

But you carry on telling yourself that there is nothing to see here if it makes you feel better.

I didn't say there was nothing to see here. Made it pretty clear in my posts that we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Why are you being so aggressive?

Last edited:
That has yet to reach a verdict ;) As far as I am aware, Liverpool "made the payment without the club or any of the individuals accepting any liability or wrongdoing, with the allegations never tested in court". There could be many, many reasons for this, even innocent reasons.

However, if it does go to court, etc and it is proven, then I'm not going to be impressed.

Seriously? You paid us £1 million for nothing? You seriously think there is even the remotest possibility that there was no "liability or wrongdoing"???

Seriously? You paid us £1 million for nothing? You seriously think there is even the remotest possibility that there was no "liability or wrongdoing"???
That quote is the stance of the Club, at the moment. Not my personal belief. I am merely discussing it and have not concluded that we are innocent in this matter or not. Sorry for the confusion, mate.

I do have to say that it is a bit hypocritical to get all up in arms about it though, considering all the things that have gone on with City in the not so distant past. Virtually every City fan was stating that City had done nothing wrong before we even knew what any of the verdicts would be. Aren't some of the cases actually still ongoing too? You recently got fined for breaking the rules, like Chelsea did. Isn't that a form of cheating too? You broke the FFP rules a while back too and got fined and had transfer restrictions put in place as a consequence, didn't you? Another form of cheating, isn't it?

There is no point being hypocritical. As fans, we have no control over what stupid things our clubs do, nor should we brandish other clubs cheats when your own club has done stuff too.

I prefer to just wait, instead of being premature, and I prefer not to criticise others for cheating when my own club have done the same sort of thing.

Last edited:
That quote is the stance of the Club, at the moment. Not my personal belief. I am merely discussing it and have not concluded that we are innocent in this matter or not. Sorry for the confusion, mate.

I do have to say that it is a bit hypocritical to get all up in arms about it though, considering all the things that have gone on with City in the not so distant past. Virtually every City fan was stating that City had done nothing wrong before we even knew what any of the verdicts would be. Aren't some of the cases actually still ongoing too? You recently got fined for breaking the rules, like Chelsea did. Isn't that a form of cheating too? You broke the FFP rules a while back too and got fined and had transfer restrictions put in place as a consequence, didn't you? Another form of cheating, isn't it?

There is no point being hypocritical. As fans, we have no control over what stupid things our clubs do, nor should we brandish other clubs cheats when your own club has done stuff too.

I prefer to just wait, instead of being premature, and I prefer not to criticise others for cheating when my own club have done the same sort of thing.

I'm not "up in arms" about it. Not made any comments on the subject other than to pull you up for your ridiculous toeing of the party line. If it's not your personal belief then why quote it as if it is?

I'm not "up in arms" about it. Not made any comments on the subject other than to pull you up for your ridiculous toeing of the party line. If it's not your personal belief then why quote it as if it is?

I didn't mean for it to come across that way, I was just saying that as far as I am aware, that's the stance at the moment and until it's all sorted out, there is no point in making accusations or claiming that they're innocent. I apologise again if it came across wrongly.

Liverpool FC have also broken FFP rules but faced no European competition sanctions as you weren’t playing in European competitions at the time.

City, however, have never tried to unlawfully and immorally spy on Liverpool.

I didn't say there was nothing to see here. Made it pretty clear in my posts that we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Why are you all so aggressive?

Because we’ve heard it all before, usually from complete bellends. You may prove to be the exception that proves the rule and post constructively about LFC without feeling the need to denigrate MCFC or it’s fans or minimise legitimate causes for criticism of LFC, but almost without exception LFC fans posting on here have, sooner or later, revealed themselves to be pathetic wind up merchants.

By way of examples, and as a word to the wise that may help avoid future disagreements, whether conducted in civil tones or otherwise:

- minimising the actions of the coach attack before the champions league game as ‘a few bottles thrown by a few idiots’ is unlikely to meet with a hugely sympathetic response. The coach was struck over 100 times in a four minute period. The video taken inside the coach is available on the appropriate thread if you wish to count them yourself.

- minimising the long antisocial and essentially criminal history of a very substantial number of LFC fans, in respect of incidents of violence, dishonesty, and abusive behaviour again as ‘every club has a handful of idiots’ is again unlikely to greeted enthusiastically.

- lack of knowledge of a very significant history of aggressive, antisocial or criminal actions on the part of LFC directly against MCFC and it’s supporters is likely to antagonise. Examples include the booing of Ederson as he was stretchered off the field of play during the 5-0 game with deep lacerations (caused by Sadio Mane) to the face, leading some to shout ‘I hope your goalie dies’; the cheering at Anfield when Yaya Toure went down with an injury and was substituted, the bricking of a supporters’ bus departing from the same game, and the assaults following the same game of City fans at Lime Street station.

- failure to acknowledge that both LFCs fan base and the club itself at best turn a bling eye to, and more likely condone the actions of a sizeable proportion of their fan base when it comes to such matters is equally likely to antagonise.Chelsea had a significant problem with racism amongst it’s fanbase that it has tried hard to tackle. The club you support has not lifted a finger to address these issues with its supporter base.

- failure to recognise the considerable favouritism that LFC benefits from within the media, and acceptance of falsehoods peddled within the media about MCFC is again likely to provoke discontent. Likewise lack of recognition of the benefit that VAR has provided to LFC this season

- failure to recognise that LFC has in its history benefited substantially from the introduction of very considerable funding by its then owners the Littlewoods family, which led directly to a period of dominance both domestically and in Europe, and hypocrisy in respect of the introduction of funding to City from Sheikh Mansour never goes down especially well, likewise a failure to recognise that FFP was brought in at the behest of a group of clubs, acting as a cartel that included LFC, in order to negate the commercial challenge that MCFC posed.

- failure to recognise LFC’s very significant role in the creation of the premier league, which acted to that club’s benefit (together with MUFC, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton) to the considerable detriment of every other first division club.

This is an indicative list of the types of things supporters of LFC have said in the past on this forum that has done much to generate the aggressive response you mention. Some people just do not like LFC or its fans, and if you choose to visit a rival team’s forum you must expect a degree of that. However the attitude of the overwhelming majority of MCFC fans has, over time, developed from a case of ‘my enemy’s enemy’ to downright disgust at the behaviour of your club and your supporters. The post that told you just to fuck off yesterday was rightly pulled, but that attitude towards LFC fans is sadly now commonplace. I have no evidence that supports this conclusion, but I would say the overwhelming majority of City fans cannot stomach either your club or its supporters. The conduct of a number of LFC fans that have chosen to post on this forum, and have since been banned, has not helped dispel that attitude.

You may feel it’s unfair that you are disliked because of the team you support, as a result of the conduct of previous posters who support the same club, and you may feel it is unfair generally that LFC fans are tarred with the same brush as those who caused the deaths of, say, 39 Juventus fans at Heysel, but there it is. The sins of the father and all that.

I hope that answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.