Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an awful feeling these bastards might do the treble, everyone is rolling over for them, no injuries, if they get past athletico they can rest players in the league to go for the cups as it will have been done an dusted.
If they rest too much in the league they won't go unbeaten or break our points record.

Many on here were arguing we are the best prem team of all time so what happens when this lot break our records?
Surely that will give us the impetus to try to break their records next season.Even great sides,of which we are one,need new horizons to aim for.

The impression that the Dippers are smashing teams is wide of the mark , they are just doing enough to win games , they have won eleven games by the odd goal , and half of those could be classed as fortunate , they are not out classing opposing teams but winning becomes a habit and opposing teams now fear them
The Dippers will only lose one game this season at the Etihad because we will hopefully be at full strength and barring VAR and Michael Oliver we will beat them, on the day i would back our first eleven against there's any day of the week , really hope we draw them again in the Champs league , preferably in final , we have unfinished business with these f*ckers.

Surely that will give us the impetus to try to break their records next season.Even great sides,of which we are one,need new horizons to aim for.
Think Klopp has said how City raised the bar and that it helped motivate them. Hopefully it'll have the same effect on us next season.

We’d probably have to win at least 35 out of 38 to beat the records they’re going to set, drawing 2 of the other 3! We seem a long way off that! It’s a ridiculous run.

Think Klopp has said how City raised the bar and that it helped motivate them. Hopefully it'll have the same effect on us next season.

Losing the title with 97 points has cut deep , and Klopp has used this as motivation for this season , disregarding VAR and luck etc. etc. they have been the most consistent team , and deserve to be where they are , but we were constantly reminded when we walked the title in 2018 that truly great teams have to win back to back titles. It will be interesting if Klopp can keep on going back to the same nine players he uses in virtually every game and if he will be able to flog them to death for another season.

We’d probably have to win at least 35 out of 38 to beat the records they’re going to set, drawing 2 of the other 3! We seem a long way off that! It’s a ridiculous run.
To be fair if they set the bar that high I can’t see anyone ever doing that again.

Losing the title with 97 points has cut deep , and Klopp has used this as motivation for this season , disregarding VAR and luck etc. etc. they have been the most consistent team , and deserve to be where they are , but we were constantly reminded when we walked the title in 2018 that truly great teams have to win back to back titles. It will be interesting if Klopp can keep on going back to the same nine players he uses in virtually every game and if he will be able to flog them to death for another season.
Liverpool have got the best defence in Europe and that is their base for everything. Klopp has made them incredibly resilient. Some elements of their fanbase are despicable but surely even our most diehard fans must see that they are a magnificent team. Personally I think ourselves and now Liverpool have transformed the quality of English football. I don't accept those people who are starting to say the Premier League is weak. For me that's bollocks. English teams have dominated the final stages of both European competitions in recent years. Internationally Premier League players have dominated the latter stages of the World Cup and European Championships (England got third place) while Belgium is packed with English-based players.
English football is packed with more talented young players than ever. Don't listen to the bitter Rags who claim the Premier League is weak. They re just trying to devalue the success of their two strongest rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.