Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Murphy wrote yesterday that beating City’s 100 points would be a greater achievement than going unbeaten. Anyone know if he said this before Saturday evening or two years ago?

If Klopp continues to play the same players (15 genuine 1st teamers) they will run out of steam. Talking to a scouse fan yesterday and he said they could put a few of the kids in now because they have been proven, if they do that they'll get mullered, they have no choice but to play the squad they have used up until now and that squad will lose more energy as the season comes to it's climax.

I'd like them to stay in the chumps league so we can meet them in the final if possible, beating them in that competition and watching their league form suffer would give me a bit of a spring in my step.

They only need to, for example, lose to us and at Everton, draw at Arsenal and home to Chelsea and the maximum they can get is 99 points.

I'm with you on this, I think if they drop points to Everton then suddenly the 100 is going to be a challenge

The small games might test them more. With the form they showed in the past 3 league games, anyone could beat them.

Danny Murphy wrote yesterday that beating City’s 100 points would be a greater achievement than going unbeaten. Anyone know if he said this before Saturday evening or two years ago?
So let's say they got 101 points scoring 25 goals less while winning half those by the odd goal while playing average.

Said it on Saturday these fuckers would of been unbearable had they gone unbeaten and got well over 100 points, Parade once a month for the next 50 years. Our season would of totally been forgotten about too. Now even if they get 105+ points it will not match that team of ours, just losing that unbeaten tag as brought them down a notch.

So let's say they got 101 points scoring 25 goals less while winning half those by the odd goal while playing average.

Said it on Saturday these fuckers would of been unbearable had they gone unbeaten and got well over 100 points, Parade once a month for the next 50 years. Our season would of totally been forgotten about too. Now even if they get 105+ points it will not match that team of ours, just losing that unbeaten tag as brought them down a notch.

City actually went out to win every competition we competed in when we amassed 100 points and 98 last year. If we had fucked off the domestic cups just to go for the league I’m sure we would have amassed more points. Puts into perspective how good they are compared to City.

Went to rawk to see their comments. Not many entertain the thought that their poor form in recent games might be due to something deeper than complacency or the psychological burden to go unbeaten. Maybe they are right to stay optimistic, or maybe not. Maybe their players are a bit tired from the last two years of extraordinary physical and mental effort and it is starting to show? They have rotated a lot less than us because they lack the squad depth. So, they must be more vulnerable to fatigue. Also they might be feeling the huge pressure of the expectations of their fans and the media. The expectations are so big that getting 'only' 99 pts and not adding another cup to the title would feel a bit meh....They have punched well above their weight points wise but their fans don't want to admit the luck they have had so far and think of them as comparable to the greatest teams. Imo, that's going to harm them. Only time can tell though.

Last edited:
jrfD4wY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.