Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all Liverpool fans are pricks, and I would still rather see you lot win it than the rags, but a large proportion of you lot make it very difficult to applaud your success.

My memory may be getting hazy but I cannot remember the rags being as unbearable as the dippers currently are when they won it after a long interval.
Even when they get success Liverpool fans always need to find something to be offended about - e.g. the special shirt badge after the World Club thing.
Almost every dipper I know is a vile, arrogant, boastful git.

My memory may be getting hazy but I cannot remember the rags being as unbearable as the dippers currently are when they won it after a long interval.
Even when they get success Liverpool fans always need to find something to be offended about - e.g. the special shirt badge after the World Club thing.
Almost every dipper I know is a vile, arrogant, boastful git.

The internet is responsible for many ills, and it makes it easier for idiots to be idiots.

The internet is responsible for many ills, and it makes it easier for idiots to be idiots.
The internet wasn’t responsible for the bus attack, the hacking, the injury cheering, the support of FFP, the murder, the assaults, the fountain desecration, the mouthing off from staff etc etc

not every liverpool fan is bad, granted, but they’re like a (barely) higher class Millwall.

The internet wasn’t responsible for the bus attack, the hacking, the injury cheering, the support of FFP, the murder, the assaults, the fountain desecration, the mouthing off from staff etc etc

not every liverpool fan is bad, granted, but they’re like a (barely) higher class Millwall.
Harsh on Millwall

I will agree the internet has a lot to answer for, most of the gobshites spouting the worst abuse have never visited England never mind the club they are supposed to support.
True. A native of Breck Road giving it the big one is annoying enough, but when it's some American or Indian who'll never visit Anfield in their lives, it makes me see red, no pun intended. These types don't even know Everton have actually won trophies and can't understand why the likes of me support them instead of Liverpool. They can't get their heads round the fact that not everyone supports a team just because they win things. And all the City supporters I know supported City back when you were crap, they're not bandwagon jumpers.

I do think the internet has made things worse. People posting Hillsborough/Heysel/Munich jokes at each other. Sending players death threats and sending their wives abuse (like Fabinho's wife). Liverpool and Everton have never been BFFs but things have gotten very nasty between both sides and I think social media plays a big part in that.

True. A native of Breck Road giving it the big one is annoying enough, but when it's some American or Indian who'll never visit Anfield in their lives, it makes me see red, no pun intended. These types don't even know Everton have actually won trophies and can't understand why the likes of me support them instead of Liverpool. They can't get their heads round the fact that not everyone supports a team just because they win things. And all the City supporters I know supported City back when you were crap, they're not bandwagon jumpers.

I do think the internet has made things worse. People posting Hillsborough/Heysel/Munich jokes at each other. Sending players death threats and sending their wives abuse (like Fabinho's wife). Liverpool and Everton have never been BFFs but things have gotten very nasty between both sides and I think social media plays a big part in that.
Some of us started supporting City before we were crap as well ;-)

It's just made it easier to be nasty without risking a punch on the nose. It has also given a lot of very stupid people a voice and a platform they would be better not having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.