Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the best days of my life, without a doubt.

It would be wholly wrong to dismiss Liverpool’s achievement last season. They were incredible, it’s just that we were better - and to win the league in the manner we did, along with the sweep of domestic trophies, is an unparalleled achievement in British team sport.

14 wins on the spin, at the business end of the season, needing to prevail in every single one, is something that would have been described as impossible a few years earlier. It was a truly amazing thing to experience game to game, culminating in that beautiful sunny spring day in Brighton.

Like something from a dream.

One of the best days of my life, without a doubt.

It would be wholly wrong to dismiss Liverpool’s achievement last season. They were incredible, it’s just that we were better - and to win the league in the manner we did, along with the sweep of domestic trophies, is an unparalleled achievement in British team sport.

14 wins on the spin, at the business end of the season, needing to prevail in every single one, is something that would have been described as impossible a few years earlier. It was a truly amazing thing to experience game to game, culminating in that beautiful sunny spring day in Brighton.

Like something from a dream.
If only we were the best team.

Yep the FA saying the league will not be null and void no shock there! don’t care give scouser the asterisk league but one thing that will be 100% happen the scum will be given the 4th spot! That’s what’s this really about ticking the scousers the league make sure scum get champs league.

But it might stop the clamouring for the season to restart while it's not safe to do so just to get the dippers over the line
Don't forget, the dippers played the European cup final in Heysel in front of dead and dying people.
This virus is almost irrelevant to the powers that be, it seems.
Let's complete the season.
Let's make sure the dippers get their title.
This situation with the authorities and that appalling club is another nail in the coffin of my dying love for the game at this level.

Don't forget, the dippers played the European cup final in Heysel in front of dead and dying people.
This virus is almost irrelevant to the powers that be, it seems.
Let's complete the season.
Let's make sure the dippers get their title.
This situation with the authorities and that appalling club is another nail in the coffin of my dying love for the game at this level.

You are David Conn and I claim my £5.

Yep the FA saying the league will not be null and void no shock there! don’t care give scouser the asterisk league but one thing that will be 100% happen the scum will be given the 4th spot! That’s what’s this really about ticking the scousers the league make sure scum get champs league.

The authorities can’t guarantee anybody anything. Yes, it’s likely we’ll win two more games to be mathematically certain, but if they go down the neutral venue route, it won’t affect the endgame that much if at all. United were on a roll pre lockdown but will they still have the momentum? Plus I’m not certain if they’ll overhaul Chelsea, 5th is the best they can hope for in my book.
There was never going to be any null and voiding with so many business interests, rightly or wrongly, hanging on the season completion. Every club has their own reasons for wanting to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.