Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the winning of your first European Cup wouldn’t be regarded as one of the biggest years in your history? Seems an odd and somewhat disparate stance for any football team’s fans to take, but I take your points above.
Blimey!

You lot ain’t half obsessed with the European Cup?

I can think of seven reasons why.

Blimey!

You lot ain’t half obsessed with the European Cup?

I can think of seven reasons why.

Do you mean six?

Here’s a question (I’m assuming you’re from Manny or the suburbs); how many United fans do you know who are apathetic towards the CL? I get it that you lot don’t seem to be bothered about it but I reckon you’d struggle to find any United fan with the same mindset. It’s not a crime but if you think it’s the norm amongst other big club fans, you’re wide of the mark in my book.

Last edited:
To an extent, yes. But those fodder all had to win their respective leagues. And they rarely, if ever, got close to the top table where the big boys played. Nobody can suggest that Linfield for example have ever been a major European force but they were in the EC more than a few times.
There’s the odd dud, but most CL participants these days, whilst not necessarily likely to win it, can beat anybody on their day.

Most of liverpools CL wins came whilst it was winners only and a cup knockout , it was possible for crap teams to win it as anyone could win on the day with dodgy refs from eastern Europe, a good few were even semi pro teams such was the rubbish in that competition

Nope.

The seventh is the fact that you have yet to win the Premier League.

Well, once it’s safe to resume football, I’m sure we’ll deal with that in due order. Not certain what relevance it has in conjunction with the Champions League but there you go.

Most of liverpools CL wins came whilst it was winners only and a cup knockout , it was possible for crap teams to win it as anyone could win on the day with dodgy refs from eastern Europe, a good few were even semi pro teams such was the rubbish in that competition

How many teams have won the European Cup when they were absolutely shit? You had to win your league to get in there! Doesn’t matter that league qualities are different, it’s exactly the same now.
Read what I posted above, you can’t win the competition in either format beating dross from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.