Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please elaborate. Or do you think it unlikely that we’ll gain six points out of our last twenty seven?
People tend to glorify something, in which they/their club have been successful and denigrate something that they haven’t been successful.

Therefore, Littlewoods fans put far more stock in the Champions League than the PL.

If you ever do win the league you'll finally realise that the Champions League isn't some kind of pinnacle of excellence.

I’ve seen my team win the league plenty of times. And the CL/European Cup is the pinnacle of excellence in the modern game, to suggest otherwise is crazy. That’s why most big clubs have had success in that area.

People tend to glorify something, in which they/their club have been successful and denigrate something that they haven’t been successful.

Therefore, Littlewoods fans put far more stock in the Champions League than the PL.

You can call it what you want but a league title is a league title. Even without us winning it for 30 years, only one team has got past our total. So we’re hardly unsuccessful. But regarding the CL, we’ve won it in four of the last five decades so our affinity is bound to be high. Plus it’s given the matchgoers some moments & memories that’ll never be forgotten.

I’ve seen my team win the league plenty of times. And the CL/European Cup is the pinnacle of excellence in the modern game, to suggest otherwise is crazy. That’s why most big clubs have had success in that area.
Of course its not, don't be stupid; if you can help it.

"Stock" is entirely fabricated and manufactured by outside figures. The idea that the Champions League is some kind of litmus test for who is a big a club is absurd.

Take for example last season, you won it and played 13 games.

You won 8, drew 1 and lost 4.

That's just short of losing 25% of all your games. Extrapolate that to a league season and how many titles would a team win?

You slip up once or twice, your title challenge can be knackered. Slip or 4 or 5 times, get bummed 3-0, you still have a chance to win the CL.

Sure, you can finish a point above Sheffield United and qualify for it these days.

Don't kid yourself as much as I know you will.

I’ve already pointed out here that every single Liverpool fan I know and those online were all appalled. It was just the same as when they tried to copyright the word Liverpool. We know that our owners, whilst commercially astute, are much the same as other owners - self serving ****s who will extract every last drop possible. Our experiences with errant custodians means there’s a clear dichotomy between them & the club. I’ll always support the team but I couldn’t give two fucks about FSG. I’ll be there long after they’ve gone.

Wasn’t a dig at the fan base, whilst there was quite a few that tried to defend the club and will continue to do so even after they reverted the decision I’m aware there was many that weren’t happy with it but it was a truly despicable act in my eyes and just because fans didn’t back it, it shouldn’t be washed over, it will taint your club as well as spurs for a long long time

Wasn’t a dig at the fan base, whilst there was quite a few that tried to defend the club and will continue to do so even after they reverted the decision I’m aware there was many that weren’t happy with it but it was a truly despicable act in my eyes and just because fans didn’t back it, it shouldn’t be washed over, it will taint your club as well as spurs for a long long time

There are fans of all clubs who will never hear any sort of bad word or criticism of their club or owners and will defend them to the death. Ours aren’t like that, we’ve had our fingers burned badly.
The move to copyright the word Liverpool is even worse. How by any measure or stretch they thought they had the God given right to do that is disgusting. Luckily, a load of local vendors came together and made sure that was put to bed.

A few questions for Greggory Peccary. (1) How long have you watched Liverpool (from the Kop I assume). (2) How many game changing decisions have gone again you in that time (I would guess you could count them on the thumbs of one hand) (3) What are your thoughts on (i) Heysel (ii) the bus attack (iii) your shirt sponsors and their fine (iv) Hillsborough, (iv) your hacking of our database and (vi) Mane and Salah's diving? I work (unlike most scousers) on nights so will look at your answers when I get up later. PS : Like most on here I think you have come on to gloat. Meanwhile, I, like most blues, hate the CL with a passion and couldn't really give a f*ck about it.

Of course its not, don't be stupid; if you can help it.

"Stock" is entirely fabricated and manufactured by outside figures. The idea that the Champions League is some kind of litmus test for who is a big a club is absurd.

Take for example last season, you won it and played 13 games.

You won 8, drew 1 and lost 4.

That's just short of losing 25% of all your games. Extrapolate that to a league season and how many titles would a team win?

You slip up once or twice, your title challenge can be knackered. Slip or 4 or 5 times, get bummed 3-0, you still have a chance to win the CL.

Sure, you can finish a point above Sheffield United and qualify for it these days.

Don't kid yourself as much as I know you will.

You can level that at every CL winner pretty much.

But one thing is constant throughout; every one of them won the big matches at the big times. That’s why they won. Same as league title winners. There bumps and scrapes along the way but at the end they’re the ones on top. Football isn’t a linear process, it never has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.