Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the local news this dinner time where the lead headline (yawn) was about the Atletico match causing unnecessary deaths (another yawn) I have just googled the numbers using the official government site. This is the figures they provide as of 8th May
Manchester. Population 552,000 - 1,529 deaths
Miseryside. Population 498,000 - 1,592 deaths.

OK we have 46k more people living in our area but the figure of 63 more deaths in Liverpool hardly make it a news item, especially in relation to a football match.
Everything has to be about them - as long as facts do not get in the way that is.

I watched the local news this dinner time where the lead headline (yawn) was about the Atletico match causing unnecessary deaths (another yawn) I have just googled the numbers using the official government site. This is the figures they provide as of 8th May

OK we have 46k more people living in our area but the figure of 63 more deaths in Liverpool hardly make it a news item, especially in relation to a football match.
Everything has to be about them - as long as facts do not get in the way that is.
'Life discovered on Mars - Will aliens support LFC's historic race to PL title?'

All gearing up to them being the victims of covid for the next decade. The penny is starting to drop that every time they win the CL now without managing to win their domestic league it just makes the CL look more plastic. Champions League is a strange name for something that is neither,a league or won by champions actually.

Did anyone see Souness on the Football Show this morning on sky?

He said Liverpool Ladies shouldn't be relegated from The WSL this season because of Liverpool FC's reputation across the world and it would harm The WSL.

They have been absolute shite this season

He said Liverpool Ladies shouldn't be relegated from The WSL this season because of Liverpool FC's reputation across the world and it would harm The WSL.

Sounds like there is a plan for a G14 ladies league in the offing.
I dont suppose City ladies topping the league got a mention?

No but saw the little munchkin women's pundit telling us the only fair outcome for the women's league was null and void.
The thickest city in the northern hemisphere by far.

A better comparison is probably Merseyside compared with Greater Manchester. Also Liverpool have lots of fans from outside the area so they will have died in Lancashire, Cheshire etc etc. I lived and worked there for seven years and in those days most people in the inner Liverpool area were Everton fans while LFC were everywhere else. It's why Evertonians call them wooly-backs.

A better comparison is probably Merseyside compared with Greater Manchester. Also Liverpool have lots of fans from outside the area so they will have died in Lancashire, Cheshire etc etc. I lived and worked there for seven years and in those days most people in the inner Liverpool area were Everton fans while LFC were everywhere else. It's why Evertonians call them wooly-backs.

The computer wanted a postcode, when you put one in it immediately said Manchester. I assume by the number of residents it is Gtr Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.