Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if one good thing comes out of this hopefully it will educate the 48000 plus that was inside Anfield that day booing Patrice Evra because a Liverpool player got banned for racially abusing him.

Of that, we can most wholeheartedly agree.

I have my own views on Evra. And I don't care for that lil' rat Suarez at all. But personally speaking, coming from such a multi-cultural City that's worked hard over the past few decades to come out of the '80's division here and be, in the main, accepting and tolerant, the two just doesn't tally and that, along with the cringe that night at Wigan, never sat right.

Some people will never change, such is life sadly. But you live and hope.

On the club website and social media platforms mate. I posted a link the other day.

Whilst I dont disagree with you and I believe you when you say it was on the clubs website and social media. What I do find odd is the the press/media and liverpool never miss a chance to be in the press/media, yet for some reason the press/media choose to ignore it and dont cover it. Yet klopp only got to fart and it's in the press/media !

I think it's a very cynical view to look at it like that and an uncalled-for slur on the players that questions their integrity. For it's the players we're talking about here. Not L'pool FC per se. Lead by the captain, they all got together and wanted to send out that message of solidarity to our American friends. They just asked the club to take photies of it so they could get it out there and spread the message. L'pool are moving to holding some training sessions at the ground so it's hard to not have some form of sponsorship wherever you look.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is ulterior motives at play? I dunno', but It just seems (in general. Not directing this at anyone in particular), a very narrow-minded and cynical view to take from a powerful social message the players as a group wanted to send.

I'm the first to criticise the club when they justifiably deserve it but I just don't see any issue in that at all unless you're specifically looking for one.

Do you really believe it was the players who got together and arranged that photo to send their message out?
Maybe, but its obvious it was the club with their sponsors in mind who staged the event.
You're either very naive or have not seen the photo.

Do you really believe it was the players who got together and arranged that photo to send their message out?
Maybe, but its obvious it was the club with their sponsors in mind who staged the event.
You're either very naive or have not seen the photo.
Either... right lads why don’t we show some support for the situation in the US and see if the club will take a few quick snaps while we are training for the season to restart...
Or... we want the whole of the playing staff to pose for a picture on the pitch with the sponsors logo clearly in the background to maximise the publicity for the club whilst some shit kicks off in the states

Either... right lads why don’t we show some support for the situation in the US and see if the club will take a few quick snaps while we are training for the season to restart...
Or... we want the whole of the playing staff to pose for a picture on the pitch with the sponsors logo clearly in the background to maximise the publicity for the club whilst some shit kicks off in the states
Now can you all get yourselves sorted so that your kits alternate?

I think it's a very cynical view to look at it like that and an uncalled-for slur on the players that questions their integrity. For it's the players we're talking about here. Not L'pool FC per se. Lead by the captain, they all got together and wanted to send out that message of solidarity to our American friends. They just asked the club to take photies of it so they could get it out there and spread the message. L'pool are moving to holding some training sessions at the ground so it's hard to not have some form of sponsorship wherever you look.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is ulterior motives at play? I dunno', but It just seems (in general. Not directing this at anyone in particular), a very narrow-minded and cynical view to take from a powerful social message the players as a group wanted to send.

I'm the first to criticise the club when they justifiably deserve it but I just don't see any issue in that at all unless you're specifically looking for one.
Odd how they didn’t wanna send out a message of support to ex Liverpool players Sterling and Balotelli when they suffered at the hands of racists. Maybe showing support for them when sport was very much in the news wouldn’t have generated as many clicks as their cynical, hollow gesture will do now that sports pages are desperate for stories.

I think there's a BIG distinction to be made between the era of social media we now live in and lads that actually go to the game and come from/ still live in the City. Which get's lost with every fanbase when people draw on repeated tweets and what they read on-line.

The prime example being Mancunians and Scousers. WAY more alike than most care to acknowledge. We both love our football. Our music. Our fashion. Share similar political views. Both aren't backward in coming forward in standing up for what we believe is right. Which isn't the done 'British' thing and has us both disliked all over. And we get on sound in general life with each other. I've many friends/ ex-work colleagues who are Mancs (and Utd fans at that) who I consider good friends. And I've had many a fantastic night out in Manchester over the years at gigs etc without a hint of any problem. Yers all just talk a little bit daft. Smiles.

But throw football into the mix and people turn into knobheads. Not least on-line where people get conditioned to hate the other club/ City and its citizens. More often than not from people who have never set foot in either City, Much less spent time there to find out for themselves.

I'm rambling and appreciate it will fall on deaf ears for many. But that's the most frustrating thing oft times conversing on-line where that distinction gets lost.

whilst i can agree with some of what you say, i don't think everyone believes what they read online etc. i can base a lot of my beliefs on having lived away for a chunk of my life and working away with lots of other different fans.i think people tend to take people on face value, and for lots of northern people moving away became natural. lot of reds/blues i know try to outscouse each other. accents, which part of the city they come from. i saw it all the time when i first moved away, the loudest person in a bar with a broad scouse accent - it became no big deal, it's just an accent. fashion and music is same, big part of both cities heritage but is music in nottingham any less relevant. you never hear villa/ forest fans up in arms all the time but both clubs have a european history re winning cups.

I believe that every opportunity to " use " and " maximise their publicity " under whatever circumstances is taken by LFC as a club. The rags do exactly the same.

If you don't believe that it was " stage managed " to derive more publicity for Liverpool and their " charm offensive " by ruthless owners then so be it.

I admit to being cynical as accused, but I believe that the more objective amongst us believe that we see it for exactly what it is .

I assume this thread has been heavily edited (for the better) as something seems to be missing when a Blue has replied.

Was I right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.