Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't have come close to articulating that as well as you have - fantastic response........
Why thank you Sir. I’m trying a new approach with them. I know I was sailing too close to the wind at times over the past few weeks but getting nowhere with them.

Why thank you Sir. I’m trying a new approach with them. I know I was sailing too close to the wind at times over the past few weeks but getting nowhere with them.
It was a leading question looking for someone to lose their head over it - from what he served up, you put him away like a Nadal Fore-hand.........

Thing is Jimbo, whether you only need 6 points or 60, the PL competition is now completely different..

Everything has changed and therefore what your club set out at the start of the season to win has expired ..

New competition, new rules, neutral grounds should not be construed as a continuation of the season..

It's very unfortunate, some might even say, hard cheese but you must agree yourself that a title win this season by any team in their respective divisions is a tarnished title..

What was the name of the horse that was miles in front in the national and tripped over it's own feet yards from the winning line, you know... bit like Stevie G did against Chelsea .., that's it,.. Foinaven..

Sorry.. still makes me laugh that..! (no not the horse..)

Anyway my point being, if you have a cut and shut season, a bit like a dodgy car, you might get someone to issue you a MOT for it but it will never be like or having the feeling of a genuine, brand new shiny, unblemished car..

You being the owner of the cut and shut model, no matter how much you polished it and told everyone you met it was the best car you have ever owned, deep, deep down you would know it was basically a bag of shit *..!!
Sorry to be the pedant Bill R Kid.. it was Devon Loch which collapsed yards from the finishing line at Aintree in 1956.. Foinavon won it in 1967 after the mad crash of horses at the 23rd fence (we were being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 6th round game at Leeds that day, the day Mercer and Allison took off the shackles and the title winning side of the following season emerged). Other than this your post is perfectly spot on, old thing, especially the ‘cut and shut’ metaphor which I look forward to using with some Liverpool chums in the future!

Good evening,hope we are all well?
as ever I come in peace and if my question is misconstrued i apologise in advance.
I've noticed a few posters saying Liverpool's title will be tainted due to covid-19 etc but my point is it they just need 6 points surely they will be deserved winners after being so far ahead.
as I said it's a genuine question and I respectfully ask for a touch of civility in return.
regards Jim.
Over 40,000 deaths in this country and your worried if fans will see the title as tainted , says it all really.

I may have missed this but don't you have to play the games, win those games and earn the points? I realise it's highly unlikely that the dips won't actually do this but methinks Klipperty has been told it's a done deal as he's more interested in when they can have their open top bus parade through Dipperville!

Did I dream it or has the Scouse derby been agreed to be Goodison after approval by the Evertonian mayor?

Being played away behind closed doors will certainly deter anyone from gathering in the streets. Just across the park.

Sorry to be the pedant Bill R Kid.. it was Devon Loch which collapsed yards from the finishing line at Aintree in 1956.. Foinavon won it in 1967 after the mad crash of horses at the 23rd fence (we were being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 6th round game at Leeds that day, the day Mercer and Allison took off the shackles and the title winning side of the following season emerged). Other than this your post is perfectly spot on, old thing, especially the ‘cut and shut’ metaphor which I look forward to using with some Liverpool chums in the future!

Busted..! Ha..

Not really into horses but sounds like you got the gist of my post mate..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.