Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have definitely got the better results but we have played the better football, have the better squad and will finish ahead of them next year.
We will also end up being the more successful team over the last two seasons and I expect we will be next season as well.

And we'll win more than they have this year like we dis last year and the year before, the problem is that whatever trophy they win is better than all the other trophies combined, chumps league last year was better than our clean sweep and now the league is better than anything we win this season, and that will include the chumps league if we win it.

They’ve definitely been the better team, but their points total flatters them to say the least.

I'd say they have been the more effective and consistent side rather than better, but there has definitely been dark forces behind the scenes making sure that has been the case. The Spurs at home game and our match against them being two stand out games that poor officiating cost us five points. Let's not forget how crucial that game at Anfield was. A win for us and the gap was three points, a loss and at nine points our title challenge was as good as over. Oliver and his back up team were an absolute disgrace in that game, there was no way it wasn't going to end in a Liverpool win.

Like after our title win in 2012 we not only didn't strengthen effectively this season we went backwards. The loss of Kompany and Laporte were huge factors and Sane's absence weakened us further. If Liverpool retain their present squad and make the additions being mooted we will face a real battle next season to get closer to them without a good three or four top quality additions of our own.

Glad I didn't watch the "It's like Messi or Ronaldo" discussion on Sly Sports. Did they atleast say we are the Messi of teams?

They've been the best team where it counts but to watch they've been getting worse for the past 3 seasons IMO, them trying to make out their football has been just as good to watch is a joke. Last season, they weren't as good as they were the season before(to watch) and this season the attacking play as dropped off even more. I could probably count on one hand, the amount of times they've been anywhere near as good as Redknapp, Souness and co were suggesting.

I suppose that's the trade off they've made, they used to thrive off emotion, which made for fast paced games, with back and forth action but now they have become ruthlessly efficient without much risk(the favour from officials and VAR all helps with that too but I wont go into that). Their fitness and workrate is what overwhelms a lot of teams to my eyes, there's many miles in that first 11's legs now though, so hopefully it will start to show soon like it did in our squad's 3rd season(although the suspension of football might be a factor in their favour). In attack however, they only go up the gears when they really need to, which means they don't leave themselves open as much as they used to. I suppose there is merit in that, that's how a lot of teams become unstuck, by taking their foot off the gas and taking for granted that they will be able to flip a switch mentally should they need to.

They concede more chances than us but I can't seem to remember their keeper being exposed 1 on 1 on the counter much this season. On the odd occasion it has looked like the opposition has to score, they've missed some very decent chances and it's been that way for 2 seasons. I suppose as a City fan, it's more frustrating thinking of the number of teams who've pulled off worldies from half chances against us. Most of the time, you'd probably look at the keeper but 90% of them, I couldn't even blame Eddie for(from having nothing to do, to being asked to save the unstoppable in an instant) and I know he'd have saved every shot right at him, that Alisson has saved.

Last edited:
They managed to grab victory in games when it was in the balance. We were criminal in not replacing Vinny and unlucky with Laporte. let them enjoy. They also didn’t have many if any injuries. Next season we go again.

Bit of down time at work and had a read of the thread...the usual laughs and conspiracy theories focussing on Liverpool....but I have to say that it was BlueMonkey that I thought pointed out the biggest factors. Losing Kompany & Laporte is going to badly hamper you, same as if we lost VVD. Add in the fact that you then lose one of the best central midfielders in the world from his best position and use him as cover at CB. Well again you aren't gonna be as good as you usually are, even if your stand in CB is prob better than most regular CB's in the league.

All the guff that is posted about VAR, PIGMOL, diving, cheating, steroids, even surprised there hasn't been reference to alien intervention in the league this year. It could and would have been Oh so different if you had more back up at CB. Then all the rest of the gripes would maybe have been fewer.

I'm just glad that the 30yr monkey will be off our back....just the same as you got rid of the ticker from Old Trafford.

Hope City win tonight so that both sides will have so much to play for when they meet. City to prove the quality everyone knows they have and Liverpool to try and prove they have been the best this year.

As was said by someone else.....whilst City & Liverpool have been getting better and better it's the other clubs that have been letting the league down by not keeping pace. Hope next season is another close one like last year...but obviously that Liverpool come out on top!

The thought of the fuckers winning is at The Etihad is not something I want to see,albeit on the TV.Wonder if this will make the PL mind up as to which venue will host the game,or are they waiting for tomorrows result first ?
The dippers won't win at the Etihad for the simple reason that they aren't as good as we are.
Don't worry.

F
I'd say they have been the more effective and consistent side rather than better, but there has definitely been dark forces behind the scenes making sure that has been the case. The Spurs at home game and our match against them being two stand out games that poor officiating cost us five points. Let's not forget how crucial that game at Anfield was. A win for us and the gap was three points, a loss and at nine points our title challenge was as good as over. Oliver and his back up team were an absolute disgrace in that game, there was no way it wasn't going to end in a Liverpool win.

Like after our title win in 2012 we not only didn't strengthen effectively this season we went backwards. The loss of Kompany and Laporte were huge factors and Sane's absence weakened us further. If Liverpool retain their present squad and make the additions being mooted we will face a real battle next season to get closer to them without a good three or four top quality additions of our own.
Foden seems to be doing alright...

Liverpool are a fucking awesome team, people saying it's all down to var is rubbish, we are behind them points wise because what we have failed to do, 7 defeats is not champions form, its down to defeats like fucking Norwich ect that has hurt us not var

Their fans are still horrible cul,/nts though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.