Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m always quite objective when it comes to the outcome of a season and this season, as you allude to, was one of favourable decisions. Blues may object to them winning the title on these grounds but you have to ask if they would be so far ahead. Again, objectively, you’d have to say that they probably wouldn’t, especially when you think that just 2 games could give an eight point swing.

What I find interesting about this season is specifically about those favourable decisions where it looks like it’s only about Liverpool winning the title, but also about expunging that great Centurion season from the books.

Even last season, we seen an extraordinary amount of decisions go for Liverpool which were, by the regulations we play to, clearly wrong. That gave the league the edge that the PL want but the reality was that it seemed quite contrived. Now, all of a sudden, Liverpool have progressed so much that they could be on to break the majority of records including one that has never been seen apart from us) in PL history. Have they really been that good?

Yes, they have done well and thoroughly deserve their title, but I think the main angst with City fans is how the system seems to have been manipulated to erase all that we have achieved over this period whilst having to scrap for every single point.
Don’t really agree with a lot of your post, but think it’s highly possible that they’ll break our record. They “only” need to take 15 points out of the remaining 21, after all. This season (and possibly next) will always be treated a bit differently to those that went before though. They’ll probably have to knock down a few more council houses around Anfield to fit in that big fuck off asterisk that will accompany this title win ;)

That is what I think,a var or ref decision going for you can get you all the points even if you don't deserve it,i give you our game with them...

Been done to death.. Our game at theirs,

6 point swing

Spuds at home, 'handball' goal disallowed

2 points

Dippers.. Joke of a penalty at home to Leicester

2 points

Same decision at home against Spuds, would we have got it..? No chance..

2 points

Just off the top of my head, there's 12 points that nobody could argue against if they were called the other way..

I'm sure there are more dodgy as fcuk decisions that have gone their way this season, assisting them on their 3 decade quest for the holy grail..!

Say we beat Chelsea in our game in hand and beat them at ours, that's an 18 point swing..

Ifs and buts I know but having something on these 2 games makes us a dangerous team..!

All of a sudden, there's nothing in it..!

That's not taking into account the games we've lost or the 2 additional points the rag keeper at Sheff U gifted them..

Make no mistake, we have been manipulated out of competing for the league this season to ensure the gravy train that is the PL can keep rolling along..

The sweaty sock should have been sent off on at least a couple of occasions, as should have Dick van Dyke at Anfield against Everton, who were denied a penalty at 0-0..

Arnold should have been off against us for blatant handball..

Fabihno, I seem to remember dodged a cert red card earlier in the season too..

Would suspensions have slowed them down..? 100%

All this 'oh, they've been the best team this season' is one big croc of shit..

Hand on heart, can anyone tell me, in any of our 4 PL title wins, if we were afforded the level of help and assistance these ****'s have had, not just this season but all last season too when they still ballsed it up..?

The answer is, we were given nothing..!

We won them all, fair and square..!

The last two seasons have been dodgy as fcuk..!

Fair enough, I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due, but these ****'s will be getting none from me..!

Enjoy your title*

They definitely deserve this title. Sometimes you have to put your rivalry aside and also respect the qualities of your enemy. I also think this rivalry with Liverpool is doing well for us as well, because it brings us, especially last year's championship, to take advantage of all the potential and qualities we have. I wish them to win the PL every 30 years, I can live with that :)

They definitely deserve this title. Sometimes you have to put your rivalry aside and also respect the qualities of your enemy. I also think this rivalry with Liverpool is doing well for us as well, because it brings us, especially last year's championship, to take advantage of all the potential and qualities we have. I wish them to win the PL every 30 years, I can live with that :)
Agreed. The rivalry between us and Liverpool is pushing both clubs to greater heights, leaving the rest of English football behind.

Agreed. The rivalry between us and Liverpool is pushing both clubs to greater heights, leaving the rest of English football behind.
It’s becoming a little toxic between the supporters, which is actually feeding that rivalry. Had a Liverpool fan try and give it the big one to me the other day. I had just been introduced to him by a mutual friend (who I really respect, and was still present) so I had to bite my tongue, but otherwise he’d be getting the rope-a-dope on Liverpool’s history (there’s no way he’d know what year his club first won the FA Cup, which I do, obviously, being 61 years after City first won it) followed by me playing my Joker of the M-Bomb if he refused to come to heel in an orderly fashion.

Cünt’s probably never been to Anfield, despite his unconvincing claims to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.