Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are desperately trying to make this season look like a historic record breaking event.
Releasing photos of the squad surrounded by some trophy's won last year.
All this bollocks about being the champions league current holder while actually being out of this year competition is beyond cringe worthy.
Where is the press calling out this pathetic desperate behaviour?

The truth is they didn't have a record breaking or outstanding season. Cobbling together stats from two seasons to lay claim to some weak obscure stat doesn't wash with anybody in football. They've won two major competitions over two years. They had to abandon all other competitions to achieve it.
Those world super duper cups are the equivalent to the charity shield.

Even the pundits and press are guilty of it. One quoting their record breaking 196 points haul over two seasons. (think 198 by City somehow beats that!)
I actually saw a graphic showing who has been more successful over the last few years. The commentator was pointing out that Liverpool have been the most successful club, while the graphic clearly shown City at the top and Liverpool in second place. Reminds me of the phrase "don't let facts get in the way of a good story".

The simple fact is they didn't manage to beat our 100 league points record, winning streak and points margin.
They won the premier league in a season that was split over two terms with different rules. They dropped out of the domestic and European cups early.
I actually think they realise this is it. They have peaked and the squad will start to break up pretty soon. I see Salad is keeping his options open already.

They have now switched focus to calling for the Champs league to be cancelled, all in the name of Covid safety. This makes sense since they have been bastions of this cause from the start. I remember them calling for the premier league to be abandoned. And they have observed social distancing and restraint during their very limited and modest celebrations.....oh wait!

They are desperately trying to make this season look like a historic record breaking event.
Releasing photos of the squad surrounded by some trophy's won last year.
All this bollocks about being the champions league current holder while actually being out of this year competition is beyond cringe worthy.
Where is the press calling out this pathetic desperate behaviour?

The truth is they didn't have a record breaking or outstanding season. Cobbling together stats from two seasons to lay claim to some weak obscure stat doesn't wash with anybody in football. They've won two major competitions over two years. They had to abandon all other competitions to achieve it.
Those world super duper cups are the equivalent to the charity shield.

Even the pundits and press are guilty of it. One quoting their record breaking 196 points haul over two seasons. (think 198 by City somehow beats that!)
I actually saw a graphic showing who has been more successful over the last few years. The commentator was pointing out that Liverpool have been the most successful club, while the graphic clearly shown City at the top and Liverpool in second place. Reminds me of the phrase "don't let facts get in the way of a good story".

The simple fact is they didn't manage to beat our 100 league points record, winning streak and points margin.
They won the premier league in a season that was split over two terms with different rules. They dropped out of the domestic and European cups early.
I actually think they realise this is it. They have peaked and the squad will start to break up pretty soon. I see Salad is keeping his options open already.

They have now switched focus to calling for the Champs league to be cancelled, all in the name of Covid safety. This makes sense since they have been bastions of this cause from the start. I remember them calling for the premier league to be abandoned. And they have observed social distancing and restraint during their very limited and modest celebrations.....oh wait!

Cancel the champions league? The calls for that could get louder and louder the more City progress.

Garth Crooks has published his team of the year and has selected Ederson as his keeper (plus KDB and Sterling).

Within an hour of the team being released a foaming dipper released this article whining that Alison should have been in and would have kept more clean sheets if he had not been injured at the start of the season.

It is hilarious how dippers can find offence in anything - can they not just enjoy winning the (Covid) title and take a few weeks off moaning.

"Null and void" was trending yesterday so I looked to investigate. Plenty of dippers calling for the CL to be scrapped following the news of Spain being removed from the airbridge list.

I couldn't tell if these dippers were fishing but a "journalist" from the Athletic was calling for this as well. I'm going to assume they are baiting but you can never tell from the victims.

"Null and void" was trending yesterday so I looked to investigate. Plenty of dippers calling for the CL to be scrapped following the news of Spain being removed from the airbridge list.

I couldn't tell if these dippers were fishing but a "journalist" from the Athletic was calling for this as well. I'm going to assume they are baiting but you can never tell from the victims.

Maybe we should agree the season should be cancelled - i.e. all trophies made null and void - let's hear what those paragons of social distancing have to say about that!

Garth Crooks has published his team of the year and has selected Ederson as his keeper (plus KDB and Sterling).

Within an hour of the team being released a foaming dipper released this article whining that Alison should have been in and would have kept more clean sheets if he had not been injured at the start of the season.

It is hilarious how dippers can find offence in anything - can they not just enjoy winning the (Covid) title and take a few weeks off moaning.
So taking that logic on board. With Vinny being the captain of the treble winners who was raising awareness of homelessness in Manchester and beyond should he not have been given the POTY award despite missing so many games.

Ederson is a fantastic keeper and I'm not just saying this cos I'm on a City board. Like, G-d forbid not everything be about Liverpool and KDB is my fave City player so glad to see him and Sterling in there.

Also, Klopp calling Lovren a legend is hilarious. Even his own fans hate him. Fowler, Rush and Gerrard are legends. Lovren is not. He'll be at home at Zenit St Petersburg, plenty of their fans are fascists.
Lel. Their fans gave us loads of abuse for calling for the PL to be cancelled.

Crooks couldn't resist this little shit nugget....

"It's always a pleasure watching Kevin de Bruyne play football and this season was no exception. The Belgium midfielder returned to action after the lockdown and performed as though he'd never been away.

It has not been a great season so far for Manchester City. They have won the Carabao Cup but in the grand scheme of things, that is not enough for City.

De Bruyne needs to be winning league titles and the Champions League on a regular basis. Players of his ability deserve nothing less. The opportunity still exists to lift the most coveted prize in Europe, but should that elude him questions will surface - namely, is he at the right club?"

Absolutely bizarre how they’re all posing for photos with the Champions League trophy, almost like they’re trying to convince everyone they won it this season. I can’t remember any team doing this before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.