Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most vulgar and graceless strapline?
I do have to agree, the whole "This Means More / Tell Us Never" is totally cringeworthy. It got me thinking about when all this crap started?
I appreciate its all marketing bullshit, more wording they can put on merchandise to flog. I know that many clubs for years just used their mottos (Nil Satis/Prepared etc) and the first one that I can think of would be "The Theatre of Dreams" as a purely marketing exercise. Of course I am sure someone will come up with something else.
Maybe its just me being a grumpy old man again but it is all bullshit to take away from the basic enjoyment of watching blokes kick a ball around....and all about money

I do have to agree, the whole "This Means More / Tell Us Never" is totally cringeworthy. It got me thinking about when all this crap started?
I appreciate its all marketing bullshit, more wording they can put on merchandise to flog. I know that many clubs for years just used their mottos (Nil Satis/Prepared etc) and the first one that I can think of would be "The Theatre of Dreams" as a purely marketing exercise. Of course I am sure someone will come up with something else.
Maybe its just me being a grumpy old man again but it is all bullshit to take away from the basic enjoyment of watching blokes kick a ball around....and all about money
Fair play to you for acknowledging that. “This means more“ didn’t occur in a vacuum though, and I’m afraid for many supporters of other clubs encapsulates all that is wrong with much of your online support and their disposition towards clubs (and by extension their supporters) that they conspicuously consider beneath them. What else is that phrase intending to convey other than a graceless, disdainful sense of superiority over others

Name me another club that would display the lack of self-awareness to deploy it?

I can only think of one.

Fair play to you for acknowledging that. “This means more“ didn’t occur in a vacuum though, and I’m afraid for many supporters of other clubs encapsulates all that is wrong with much of your online support and their disposition towards clubs (and by extension their supporters) that they conspicuously consider beneath them. What else is that phrase intending to convey other than a graceless, disdainful sense of superiority over others

Name me another club that would display the lack of self-awareness to deploy it?

I can only think of one.
Us?

"The Winner Takes It All"

Manchester_City_Trophy_Tour.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.