Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserblue

Perhaps they meant Littlewoods' own records.
That's exactly what they've done. Stuff like "record points total" when what they mean is Littlewoods' record points total. They've also stitched together stats from two different seasons to come up with a record points total for 38 consecutive games and suchlike.

Brendan110_0

That's exactly what they've done. Stuff like "record points total" when what they mean is Littlewoods' record points total. They've also stitched together stats from two different seasons to come up with a record points total for 38 consecutive games and suchlike.
Par for the course, they're still European Champions apparently, double winning season now.

shackattack

Team supported
everton
just love this gem from a rawk poster who continually post absolute unadulterated shit...

To me, the competition finished once Covid hit. What is left is a sham, really. I love Big Ears above all else, but I'm happy we are not part of this charade and I have no intention of watching any of it. All I hope is that a proper club lift it rather than an oil cheat sportswashing front of a 'club'.
had any other team been fifteen points ahead of them in the premier league in march this year there is no doubt at all they would have campaigned for the season to be ended. for a so called "proper" club they never cared about others- they wanted and needed to win it so badly.

Vienna_70

Team supported
The Only Team in Manchester!
just love this gem from a rawk poster who continually post absolute unadulterated shit...

To me, the competition finished once Covid hit. What is left is a sham, really. I love Big Ears above all else, but I'm happy we are not part of this charade and I have no intention of watching any of it. All I hope is that a proper club lift it rather than an oil cheat sportswashing front of a 'club'.
Not at all hypocritical, then?

bluethrunthru

He must be over the moon that a club with the centuries of history that RB Leipzig bring to the competition are into the semi's - proper club

vmsuhail

I still keep hearing of the dippers record breaking season and am struggling to find what records they have broken. Have managed 2, the amount of hoofs upfield and cynical fouls without a booking. Hoping someone can enlighten me on here
The only one they broke is "the earliest to win the Title", which funnily happened to be in July.

LGWIO

Team supported
Liverpool
Most vulgar and graceless strapline?
I do have to agree, the whole "This Means More / Tell Us Never" is totally cringeworthy. It got me thinking about when all this crap started?
I appreciate its all marketing bullshit, more wording they can put on merchandise to flog. I know that many clubs for years just used their mottos (Nil Satis/Prepared etc) and the first one that I can think of would be "The Theatre of Dreams" as a purely marketing exercise. Of course I am sure someone will come up with something else.
Maybe its just me being a grumpy old man again but it is all bullshit to take away from the basic enjoyment of watching blokes kick a ball around....and all about money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.