Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they as hated in the 70s, 80s & 90s as they are? Genuine question because back in those days I can't recall the country despising them as much as now, even though I was very young and probably can't remember properly if they did.
No. City fans were fond of Liverpool back when they were top dogs. After all, they stopped United from winning the league for years. I used to like watching Liverpool win the old European cup. That was back then though. Since then I can't fuckin' stand them, and would rather United won the league instead of the scousers.

By the time they win the Premier League all our turds will have turned to diamonds .....
No. City fans were fond of Liverpool back when they were top dogs. After all, they stopped United from winning the league for years. I used to like watching Liverpool win the old European cup. That was back then though. Since then I can't fuckin' stand them, and would rather United won the league instead of the scousers.
sums it up nicely

Were they as hated in the 70s, 80s & 90s as they are? Genuine question because back in those days I can't recall the country despising them as much as now, even though I was very young and probably can't remember properly if they did.

I admired their team of the 70's/80's. Did enjoy watching them, and the added bonus was it really got up the rag's noses.

All changed after Heysel for me. To have a whole country barred from European competition, due to the actions of one club's fans, one which have never really shown much remorse (for the ban, not the deaths) speaks volumes of the character of the club and it's scummy fans.

A myth that they stopped the rags from winning the league.The rags were shite full stop in the league's until the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.