Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He keeps going to the same players over & over, even bringing on Firminho last night, to bail them out.

As has been pointed out, it helps in the fact that his midfielders are effectively defenders, but it's remarkable that he's got to finals & 2nd in the league by running 3 forwards into the ground.

Usually, for most teams, that would cause them to break down & the ones who survive probably be patched up weekly, as with Aguero when Pellegrini crucified him. Perhaps soon, it will catch up with them & their luck will run out.

If it does, they won't even get top 4.

I said at the start of the season (which I still think) that they wont get top 4. If you dont strengthen you fall behind. The only saving grace is Chelsea weren't able to properly spend (tho still got Pulisic in who looks quality).

One or two big injuries and they're ruined.

I said at the start of the season (which I still think) that they wont get top 4. If you dont strengthen you fall behind. The only saving grace is Chelsea weren't able to properly spend (tho still got Pulisic in who looks quality).

One or two big injuries and they're ruined.

I can’t see them not getting top 4 and reckon they’ll be our closest challengers again this season, but you’re spot on about them not strengthening. That’s a big mistake. If you look at United under Ferguson, they pretty much always freshened things up with a significant summer signing or two after a successful season. We’ve done the same this time round but paid the price for that weird transfer window in 2012.

I wouldn’t mind betting that underneath all the veneer, Klopp isn’t happy with the club’s owners about their summer transfer activity - or rather lack of it - but for now he’s keeping quiet and instead he’s using deflection tactics such as moaning about our spending.

They went all in last year and nearly pullrd it off. Would have to spend big to try and win it. Why would the owners do that when they are almost guaranteed 2nd spending nowt?

Liverpool fans: We're gonna win the league! We're gonna win the league! And now you're gonna believe us. And now you're gonna believe us. And now you're gonna believe us. We're gonna win the league!

*SPOILER ALERT*

Narrator: They didn't.

* amended for those who don’t know

cheekybids
I can’t stand Stevie “me” & think he’s so over rated for 1 reason & that’s decision making. It’s ok being able to make lung busting runs & shoot from 30 yards but you need to know when not to do it.

He was just he problem, whenever you look who he played with & what they achieved without him you realise he’s the anomaly.

sits just above jamie pollock in my list.

Made to look better by having the brains of Alonso next to him.

That is one perfect example, lets start a list of midfielders that he played with that were successful without,

Lampard
Scholes
Joe Cole
Barry
Carrick
Hamann

Any advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.