Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha see there new massive kit deal there supposedly getting from Nike is 15 million less than there current deal with New Balance, spying and ineligible players in the cup not there week is it.. I fucking love it

I was going to post it’s from the Ed Woodward school of cock ups, however two planks is pretty astute at making money for the rags they just haven’t got a clue how to spend it.

Think their Nike deal involves a cut of sales, so it will be much bigger.

Convenient for them to be kicked out of the cup isn't it.

If it’s sales how many shirts sold are actually real ones in the Far East markets? Surely it would be better for Nike to put in more money up front from Liverpool’s perspective.

They didn’t nearly bankrupt the club, liverpool were bankrupt and should of entered administration, they received a huge bailout via the state owned RBS (350 million) something which is still controversial and should of never happened.

Never mind though, liverpool only spend their earned money, not like the ‘oil club’.

I missed this point at the time but I struggle to see how there was a bailout of any kind. RBS lent money to Hicks/Gillette, then took them to court to get all of the money back in the same way any commercial lender would do. The club was then sold to Fenway and all the loans fully repaid.

#obsessedwithpep

Jurgen Klopp: “Pep [Guardiola] is lively as well, but not that lively. He looks better [than me] when he’s shouting. Pep always looks perfect – body, clothes, everything is perfect. When I shout, I look like a serial killer." [via @FourFourTwo]
Oh Jurgen, just admit you want to shag him already.

(Pep is hot though)

I missed this point at the time but I struggle to see how there was a bailout of any kind. RBS lent money to Hicks/Gillette, then took them to court to get all of the money back in the same way any commercial lender would do. The club was then sold to Fenway and all the loans fully repaid.

So what you're saying is it's completely fine that a bank that two years previously had been bailed out by myself and every other Blue Moon taxpayer to the tune of £45.5bn can lend two US citizens £350 million - two years later - in the hope they'd get it back? What a load of bollocks. I'll be honest with you, I was struggling to pay my mortgage in those years and couldn't find someone to lend me the difference - and in real terms I was more credit worthy than Hicks & Gillette. Red tinted glasses again, you should have entered administration and had the 10 points deduction. Another Cult airbrushed from history revelation.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog

A bailout is when a company, football club in this case borrows money as can no longer finance itself, exactly the position liverpool found themselves in with Hicks and Gillette, the money is borrowed to them on condition they sold the club within six months, why you think this was not a bailout is beyond me as the club needed the money or to be sold ASAP to carry on operating as they were only able to service the debt they were in, A BAILOUT.

Also due to the ongoing issues worldwide financial situation at the time, many people though that a government owned bank had better things to lend public money to then a football club bought by two chancers who were then supported by public money.

As above link states, without being sold liverpool would more than likely of entered administration that very week, the money your current owners paid was only to clear The RBS debt and they pretty much bought liverpool for free other than the debt repayment, even though at the time there was legal argument over two other bids which were greater than the Fenwick bid, but due to liverpool board inside dealings were ignored, so liverpool bankrupt, owners supported by public money, inside dealing on the board for the lowest bid, a public owned bank excepting just debt repayment when they could have actually sold for a profit, all to avoid liverpool going into administration, BAILOUT.

The RBS loaned public money to liverpool’s owners and then had to take them to court as those very same owners were going to enter administration and fuck off much of that public money, and then when the RBS took them to court to get the money back, still ended up selling it for the least bid as board members had obviously made backhanded deals with the current owners, the liverpool way la...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.