Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
YCMIU.

It’s not their fault again.

Liverpool blame FA for Carabao Cup gaffe as they face being thrown out for fielding ineligible Pedro Chirivella

EXCLUSIVE BY MATT HUGHES AND DOMINIC KING: Liverpool have become embroiled in a row with the FA as they battle to avoid being expelled from the Carabao Cup for fielding an ineligible player in last week's win over MK Dons. Sources with experience of the EFL's disciplinary process have told Sportsmail that in ordinary circumstances expulsion from the competition is the standard sanction for using a player who isn't eligible, but Liverpool are understood to be pinning the blame on the FA in the hope of being given a lesser punishment.
Lets hope they piss the fa off enough that they investigate the hacking episode.

YCMIU.

It’s not their fault again.

Liverpool blame FA for Carabao Cup gaffe as they face being thrown out for fielding ineligible Pedro Chirivella

EXCLUSIVE BY MATT HUGHES AND DOMINIC KING: Liverpool have become embroiled in a row with the FA as they battle to avoid being expelled from the Carabao Cup for fielding an ineligible player in last week's win over MK Dons. Sources with experience of the EFL's disciplinary process have told Sportsmail that in ordinary circumstances expulsion from the competition is the standard sanction for using a player who isn't eligible, but Liverpool are understood to be pinning the blame on the FA in the hope of being given a lesser punishment.
Again, a negative story about Liverpool nowhere to be found on the BBC football page. They did write one, but you have to click through to the Liverpool page to actually see it.

And yet the article explains why we weren't banned, but don't let that get in the way of your own prejudice

If Liverpool had qualified for Europe under that failed monitoring period they would have been banned from Europe. Liverpool fans love getting a hard on over Uefa coming down on us as it’s the levellers your team look for like spying on scouting systems and your club and Merseyside police organising a bus being attacked before a game.

I don’t have any prejudice about Liverpool football club I’ve witnessed first hand how your fans behave. That’s why you are scratching your head wondering why we aren’t that welcoming of you coming to lecture us and you crying like a baby when you don’t like the replies.

I bet none of them knows that City won the FA Cup before Littlewoods FC, won the League Cup before Littlewoods FC and won a European trophy before Littlewoods FC, although the last one doesn’t count, apparently, because that competition no longer exists.
Neither does the first division but that's allowed to count 18 times :+)

It’s also a fact that you haven’t won your own domestic league for nearly thirty years, and that surely rankles with a club your size. A couple of CL wins in that time soften the blow, for sure, but I still think you’re being disingenuous.

Then you’d lose that bet, as I’ve seen a number of interviews with our players and manager where they say the Premier League is the priority.
Please can you stop it with this common sense approach to posting - Are you new to this? ;-)

You’re ignoring my point. Big players want trophies, plural, not one in isolation. A lot only leave a club after winning everything they can in a country. But hey the reality doesn’t fit your narrative so carry on regardless saying the biggest trophy is a knockout cup that is sooo fantastic And prestigious it’s popukated by championship standard teams in the early stages and can be won or progressed through by drawing games ala Tottenham last year who actually lost to nearly every opponent they played on route to a final where two teams who haven’t won a domestic trophy in years heaped glory on themselves in a drab affair that was over inside a minute after yet another horrific penalty award.

Also WHEN Mane leaves having won the CL what trophy will he want then??? Probably a domestic title or two. If he only wanted to win the CL surely he’d stay with you as you lot have such a special relationship.

Have you actually been involved in or watched many finals? Do you think that all of hen are frenetic, mega skilled masterpieces? The reality is that most are complete non events. We won our 2nd EC against Bruges at Wembley, one boring game indeed. It’s not all sunshine and roses, it’s doing what needs to be done at the right time.
The fact of the matter is that your myopic view of the CL isn’t likely to change anytime soon so best to leave it there. Don’t know why you don’t embrace it - I don’t know one fan of any other team that competes in it that acts like most of you lot. Each to his own though.

SSN just stated Littlewoods have scored 8 goals from goalkeeping errors since the beginning of last season - have we had any?
I'm shocked they even mentioned it!

From my recollection I dont think any of our goals last season and this have been down to "goalkeeper error".

Were too fast and don't aim straight for them most of the time.

This bollocks about beating our eighteen game run by carrying it over to last season is ridiculous. Do teams carry points over from last season? Once the season ends it starts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.