Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rags havent been near a title for six years and unlikely to be near in the next six years , Dippers are now 30 years without a title win , and yet this is the biggest game of the season ? Its just the Sky PR machine going into overdrive for all their Asian / Yank customers , in recent years we've battered the Rags 6-0 and the Dippers 5-0 and there is plenty more to come.We arent flavour of the month , but we arent going away , the next ten years are going to be epic because the structure of our club has been built for continued success and eventually Sky and other media will have to jump on the bandwagon and give us the respect our achievements deserve , it just might take a few more years.

Give over, are you saying that United-Liverpool wasn’t a rivalry in the 80s?! I agree that it’s ludicrous how Sky hype it up, given that usually one (or sometimes both) of the two are doing pretty shit at any given time, but let’s not pretend it’s a fabricated rivalry.
It was a rivalry in the late 80s (mostly because of hooliganism) but in Manchester it was definitely United/City in the 60s and 70s and all decades before. The Liverpool thing was promoted by Ferguson as a motivational tool. The United/Liverpool rivalry has obviously grown worldwide in places like Asia because of the clubs' huge armies of plastic overseas fans but I think it has been hyped out of all proportion.
I worked in Liverpool city-centre for most of the 80s and in my office the football rivalry between Liverpool and Everton fans (both successful at the time) was more intense than anything between Liverpool and United though there was a general hatred of Manchester the place.

Give over, are you saying that United-Liverpool wasn’t a rivalry in the 80s?! I agree that it’s ludicrous how Sky hype it up, given that usually one (or sometimes both) of the two are doing pretty shit at any given time, but let’s not pretend it’s a fabricated rivalry.
Ric, football's been going for well over 100 years, to me rivalry is your local Derby game wherever you are situated in the country / world.. It's what splits families and locals. In the grand scheme of things, having a rivalry with a opposing team from the 80's omwads is a manufactured one which gathered pace when SKY formed as they pushed it to sell their product..
It's the biggest game in world football don't you know!.. Do me a favour..

IIRC it started to get hyped around 15 years ago as England's answer to El Clasico.

That was considered the biggest game in the world and Ferguson in particular promoted United v Liverpool as being bigger.

The rivalry was already there but it has got bigger and more vitriolic than it was because of that.

IIRC it started to get hyped around 15 years ago as England's answer to El Clasico.

That was considered the biggest game in the world and Ferguson in particular promoted United v Liverpool as being bigger.

The rivalry was already there but it has got bigger and more vitriolic than it was because of that.

Biggest game in world football....do me a fucking favour.
One hasn’t won its own league in 30 years and the other bunch of cnuts couldn’t win a raffle right now.

One of the reasons the pisscan made such a big deal of it was to belittle City, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.