Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dismissed the Coutinho story as sounded like click bait when I saw it, I could be wrong. I'm sure I read that they confirmed they weren't going back for Fekir but maybe I'm mixing the story up.
I had just assumed they would be adding a first choice player or two, and at least a couple of decent squad players - it just seemed the natural thing to do. Like you say, surely they need backup? I won't lose any sleep if they don't!

You can’t stand still when you have success, we know that more than anyone when City have won the league in the past they have gone to dust the season after.

It’s going to be an interesting season from our point of view to see if the players come back in the mindset to repeat what they have done the last two seasons. Winning leagues are difficult if they stand there and admire what they have done 3 titles in a row won’t happen. I don’t think Pep will let them slide into that mindset though.

You can’t stand still when you have success, we know that more than anyone when City have won the league in the past they have gone to dust the season after.

It’s going to be an interesting season from our point of view to see if the players come back in the mindset to repeat what they have done the last two seasons. Winning leagues are difficult if they stand there and admire what they have done 3 titles in a row won’t happen. I don’t think Pep will let them slide into that mindset though.

Agreed.

And even if we make no more purchases, Rodri and Angeliño will freshen up the squad, as well as covering positions of need, of course.

Apologies if posted already but apparently 'several city signings over £100 million with inflation' - he has applied this to Sergio & Kevin but interestingly not to their own players

don't know how to link but from some bozo called Tomkins - dipper author - you can find it on twitter Paul_Tomkins

Last edited:

ahh splashing the cash i see....had seen fees of 80m mentioned previously

Apologies if posted already but apparently 'several city signings over £100 million with inflation' - he has applied this to Sergio & Kevin but interestingly not to their own players

don't know how to link but from some bozo called Tomkins - dipper author - you can find it on twitter Paul_Tomkins
Who cares mate, there obsessed with us, so much so they have to make things up and lie. You just cant have sensible debate with dippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.