Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that pissed me off was the dippers' insistence that 'everybody wants us (dippers) to win the league'. No, no no...you sad fuckers! NOBODY outside of DelusionLand wanted you to win it - in fact, everybody outside of your poisonous little bubble was pleading for us to retain the title. And in the Cartel Cup almost the entire British Isles suddenly became Spurs fans.
Any lurking scousers, why do you think this is? Envy? Nope, not a chance. It's because your club is universally detested by all football fans everywhere. Not just disliked, but absolutely detested...that is some amazing feat for a football club.
Sure, all clubs have their detractors - since the the takeover we've probably added more than a a few ourselves. But if people were truly honest they'd admit that their dislike is based upon jealousy because we basically won the lotto. Generally speaking, other fans only give us stick when they actually play us, the rest of the season they couldn't give a fuck what we do. But your club, the ludicrously self-titled 'European Royalty' (ho ho ho! What a sick joke, considering your past), no, you really are hated by everyone - quite literally.

But most of you wouldn't know any of this, because the majority of you are blissfully unaware of an existence outside DelusionLand.

How was what he said taken out of context? He claimed that he would never spend big money bringing players to your club, then promptly went out and spent bucketloads on doing just that. I don't recall his precise words verbatim, but that was the gist of what he said. I don't see how that could possibly be taken out of context.
All our fault we saw the decimal point in the wrong place, sorry hehe.

You are absolutely correct, if you look at total earnings from the different competitions (£149 vs ~£110). But the Premier League position really isn't that important in terms of direct revenue.

Liverpool earned £1.5m more than Manchester City in the Premier League, despite being 2nd. (£149m vs £147.5m) source
Tottenham, at 4th, are only £6m behind the Champions.

In Champions League, the price money increases drastically the longer you stay in it. But the direct money is secondary in the long run, the Champions League is worth so much more in terms of global exposure. It is the jackpot in terms of expanding and increasing revenue on a global market. It is also an key when negotiating sponsor deals and to attract players.

Please explain why you have to come onto to a MCFC forum to make comments /posts like this , do you have an inferiority complex when it comes to our club ? and you have to continue trying to prove that Klippety F.C. has some sort of relevance to our football club, you just got lucky winning the european glamour cup ,and your obviously all excited about winning a trophy after a FIFTEEN year wait . Perhaps you can come on and prove that Klanfield has the best floodlights , best catering facilites etc. etc , but it will not change the fact you havent won a league title for over 30 years and no european glamour cup win , will dull that pain.

They don’t seem very active in the market considering others around them are warming up their activity. They are very good at identifying players so the young centre half they got in may turn into be a bargain. However you would have thought they would have been in for back up for the front 3 with the over use of them last season and Sturridge leaving. A creative midfielder is needed too, launching the ball long into a channel and running like the clappers after it may have its limitations once everyone figures it out.

I wonder if they will fall into the trap of basking in the champions league glory and not get going in the league next season.

They don’t seem very active in the market considering others around them are warming up their activity. They are very good at identifying players so the young centre half they got in may turn into be a bargain. However you would have thought they would have been in for back up for the front 3 with the over use of them last season and Sturridge leaving. A creative midfielder is needed too, launching the ball long into a channel and running like the clappers after it may have its limitations once everyone figures it out.

I wonder if they will fall into the trap of basking in the champions league glory and not get going in the league next season.

That's a good point. I'm can't even remember seeing them interested in anybody else, or am I forgetting?

That's a good point. I'm can't even remember seeing them interested in anybody else, or am I forgetting?

There is talk of Coutinho but not too sure of that or going back for Feckir who looked very good when he played at the Etihad in the Autumn.

They need to get people in though to keep the current crop on their toes, we look well set in all areas of the pitch apart from maybe the centre half situation where they need one more in every department.

There is talk of Coutinho but not too sure of that or going back for Feckir who looked very good when he played at the Etihad in the Autumn.

They need to get people in though to keep the current crop on their toes, we look well set in all areas of the pitch apart from maybe the centre half situation where they need one more in every department.

I dismissed the Coutinho story as sounded like click bait when I saw it, I could be wrong. I'm sure I read that they confirmed they weren't going back for Fekir but maybe I'm mixing the story up.
I had just assumed they would be adding a first choice player or two, and at least a couple of decent squad players - it just seemed the natural thing to do. Like you say, surely they need backup? I won't lose any sleep if they don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.