Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to throw up every time I see them play. Salah still throwing himself to ground as always and bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. Klopp tantrums on the sideline, fans crying everytime a ball doesn't break their way.

Is that before the match ?

We know they are mate but no point in saying it no more because it looks like sour grapes from us. Maybe in years to come it could come out about decisions going there way but let them have there moment and hopefully game on next season

Totally agree. We just need to freshen things up in the summer as we a few legends coming towards the end of their careers

Liverpool have the bit between their teeth and are desperate for a 1st prem title.

Hopefully we can get Pep to stay and onwards we go. Concentrate on trying to get to the CL final this year

Game on next season

Klopp is the perfect fit for Liverpool. Only Chelsea would have worked similarly. He would struggle at elite clubs in Spain or France,
Italy could work for him as well.
Personally I don't like his over-dominant, loud, disrespectful, narcist style of personality. Always over the top.
Not sure if Bayern bosses rate that too much...

Football wise Klopp was an untalented very tough defender as a player, but a fighter, relentless, physical, painless.
For me he is a typical example of winning ugly.

He has a huge personality - that's his gift - and he is a giant as a group leader. His strong confidence is planted into his players like a daily vaccination,
and it shows. He has a good sense when to work hard, when to make a dirty joke and when to have a beer and a good laugh,
very different from Pep, IMO.

He also is a master of ugly mind games and motivation, and he loves to meet softer, finer football geniuses like Pep - and beat them.
But there are ways to get him emotional and make mistakes, sadly PL clubs haven't found out yet and mostly play into his cards.
Some day that will change, and it will be a good day.

Au contraire, I think Klopp is indeed such a personality, that his football brain gets underrated. He's seen as the goofy cheerleader and motivator, but I suspect he knows his football too. But that said, being a good motivator and planting confidence in others is a good thing ofcourse, you want that in a leader anywhere even outside of football.

Also it's funny seeing Pep characterized as "soft". Pep's as intense as you get no!! Probably even more intense than Klopp and Mourinho in meticulous planning and asking his teams to adhere to his philosophy. Don't take that as a criticism btw.

Gerrard also extended at Rangers till 2024. Coincidence?

Maybe, maybe not. Always fascinating to see which ex-players become good coaches, and which don't.

Also interesting how many ex-Man U players are coaches (Bruce, Solksjaer, Hughes, Giggs) vs ex-LFC players, most of our ex-players seem to go into media.

Liverpool have been looking for this type of player since the Fekir deal broke down.

Can play as a false nine, on the wings and maybe even be an alternative 8.

Not convinced that he'll cut it in the PL though.

I have 100% faith in our transfer strategy, although I suppose at some point one of them will be a dud.

Keita's yet to be a world beater but he's only starting to get regular games, and it's looking like he'll at least be a solid contributor. These days you need 15 good players, not just an XI. We learned that the hard way in 2009 and 14. You should know too, you have a fantastic squad--the likes of Mahrez don't "demand an automatic starting place".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.