Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a rough calculation I believe they are at least 10 points in credit off the back of these favourable decisions. And then factor in the decisions that have gone against us and the top of the table would be looking a whole lot different at this stage in the season.
Fair comments. Liverpool want the league more than we do and VAR will make sure of that.

VAR and injuries aside, we've been playing like a spent force at times, whilst they have maintained a high level of drive and energy. We can't catch up when they aren't dropping enough points whether they deserve to win or not

If you do lift the title, it will be very interesting to see how you cope as a defending champion when the opposition teams have no other game plan but to defend deep all game.

This is something Liverpool have yet to experience

The fact we have been able to consistently break teams down when faced with this game plan is testament to our players and manager

Teams are already playing us like that.

Also this is not the first season we are good. We run you within 1 point last season and won the champions league, having reached the champions league final the previous year. Pretty sure VAR wasn't around last season or the previous season.

On injuries, yes we haven't had as many as you, but we played a lot of games without our starting GK and CB, and we've been without our starting DM for a while, and we'll be without another starting CM for a couple of games, so it's possible it'll all fall apart, let's see. In any case, it's a squad game. I'm sure you'll agree, that top teams have more than 11 good players, you've assembled a good squad yourselves the likes of which has never been seen in it's depth--it's often been said over the past two years, "Manchester City" can field two top 4 teams.

That said what I don't understand is that this is not a zero-sum game, some of you lot seem to look at it that way. Like anyone thinking LFC is any good is not just disrespecting, but insulting City or something like that.

There can be more than one good team!

I turned on the Dips match after 5 minutes or so, I saw Salah try and con a penalty out of the referee and I turned off. I know the Dip fans don't do embarrassed but fuck me, you are top of the league, you are playing the bottom club and within 10 minutes you are cheating to try to win. The other joke was that he didn't get booked by the bent bastard in the middle.

I turned on the Dips match after 5 minutes or so, I saw Salah try and con a penalty out of the referee and I turned off. I know the Dip fans don't do embarrassed but fuck me, you are top of the league, you are playing the bottom club and within 10 minutes you are cheating to try to win. The other joke was that he didn't get booked by the bent bastard in the middle.
same here ...saw that cheating bastard throw himself to the ground then turned it off & took the dog out.....fuckin sickening....

On injuries, yes we haven't had as many as you, but we played a lot of games without our starting GK and CB, and we've been without our starting DM for a while, and we'll be without another starting CM for a couple of games, so it's possible it'll all fall apart, let's see. In any case, it's a squad game. I'm sure you'll agree, that top teams have more than 11 good players, you've assembled a good squad yourselves the likes of which has never been seen in it's depth--it's often been said over the past two years, "Manchester City" can field two top 4 teams.
!

It has often been said by the likes of Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen, Steve Mcmanaman, Micky Quinn, Danny Murphy, John Aldridge, Kelly Dalglish, Alan Green, Jason McAteer, Jamie Rednapp and doubtless many other Liverpool mouthpieces across the media in a futile attempt to pretend that Liverpool are unable to compete on level terms.

You cannot really compare one or two of yours missing a few games over 3 seasons to the ACL injuries that have deprived us of Mendy for 2 seasons, Gundogan for a season, Sane for a season, Laporte for a season not to mention the series of injuries that kept DeBruyne out for most of last season. And that is particularly true where ours is a team-based system constructed around intricate passing and movement and Liverpool's is more..er...direct, shall we say ?

But you are right that Liverpool are very good at what they do and it is working for them.

Teams are already playing us like that.

Also this is not the first season we are good. We run you within 1 point last season and won the champions league, having reached the champions league final the previous year. Pretty sure VAR wasn't around last season or the previous season.

That said what I don't understand is that this is not a zero-sum game, some of you lot seem to look at it that way. Like anyone thinking LFC is any good is not just disrespecting, but insulting City or something like that.

There can be more than one good team!
Competition is important, Liverpool have a strong team at the moment and will get better, which means we need to up our game. And I think for Liverpool having us as competition has given them the drive to hit 90+ points, they won't be playing for a draw anytime soon let's just say.

Can't speak for other blues but I personly would not begrudge Liverpool a title, I never thought I'd ever see City win even one, never mind 3 in a row. No one really cares by the end of August and then it's back to business.

If Liverpool win it and I'm sure they will, I doubt it will be their last, I'm sure we will win more and it will a regular title race for the next few years with maybe Chelsea or Leicester nicking one every now and then.

Fair comments. Liverpool want the league more than we do and VAR will make sure of that.

VAR and injuries aside, we've been playing like a spent force at times, whilst they have maintained a high level of drive and energy. We can't catch up when they aren't dropping enough points whether they deserve to win or not
I think it's more a case that the PL want LiVARpool to win the title more than us rather than LiVARpool wanting the League more.
The PL stand to reap a whole lot more in overseas sales and sponsorship if the Dipper's win it than they would City winning 3 times in a row. Dominating the league is so unfashionable these days. Mind you, back in the 90's... different story.

City definitely have the desire to win, but we've had the stuffing knocked out of us by clearly bent officiating in their favour. It is simply not a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.