Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a matter of interest, if Liverpool had turned 1 of their draws into a win, and pipped City to the title last year, would that mean that City fans would agree with Klopp being Manager of the year? (all other results being equal)

I actually agree that it should have been Pep, but the difference (in terms of titles) is effectively the lack of a single goal in a crucial match.

Obviously this is entirely a hypothetical as this didn't happen, but I'm curious whether it would have changed opinions.
No

I've been a Liverpool fan for 33 years, although I'm from the Wirral rather than Liverpool itself
Hi Mr Starfish.. 33 years you say.. Bit unlucky that, you've not seen "em win much then have you.. Never mind I've got it on good authority that this year is your year...!!

Hi Mr Starfish.. 33 years you say.. Bit unlucky that, you've not seen "em win much then have you.. Never mind I've got it on good authority that this year is your year...!!

Once you choose your team, you're stuck with them, good times and bad. What can you do?

Starfish - I like that one

Just as a matter of interest, if Liverpool had turned 1 of their draws into a win, and pipped City to the title last year, would that mean that City fans would agree with Klopp being Manager of the year? (all other results being equal)

I actually agree that it should have been Pep, but the difference (in terms of titles) is effectively the lack of a single goal in a crucial match.

Obviously this is entirely a hypothetical as this didn't happen, but I'm curious whether it would have changed opinions.
No,neither mancini or pellegrinI got manager of the year for winning the title,,klopp is a one trick pony who has you playing hoofball,you blew off the cups to go warm weather training and drew games when you got back,that is not the sign of a good manager,pep went for every single cup and won them all,he is a the very definition of what a top manager should be

I assume you mean our penalty miss at Klanfield

No,neither mancini or pellegrinI got manager of the year for winning the title,,klopp is a one trick pony who has you playing hoofball,you blew off the cups to go warm weather training and drew games when you got back,that is not the sign of a good manager,pep went for every single cup and won them all,he is a the very definition of what a top manager should be

I'm not denigrating Peps achievement last year across all competitions. I've said that he deserved FIFA's manager of the year (even if I think its a meaningless media driven title as others have suggested).

But in my hypothetical Klopp would have won both CL and PL in same season. I'm honestly curious why some would still not consider that sufficient?

all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.