Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it totally hilarious that some scousers seem to think that when Pep goes we are going to crumble !!!! What planet are they on

Can i just point out to those that lurk on here and go running back to the cult thread....when klopp leaves yourselves, you will be back down with united in mid table
I don't see Man City crumbling at all once Pep leaves. Nobody thinks that. You were winning leagues before he arrived so why would it stop when he leaves.
What I would say is that Pep has truly lifted the standard required to win the league. Liverpool having dropped 2 points after 11 games. Insane standard yet if we lose on Sunday there's 3 points in it with 26 games left. City had 198 points over 2 years. Ridiculous. Funnily enough, Pep has made Klopp's team better because quite simply they have to be or they don't win the league. Liverpool are more likely to fall away once Klopp leaves.
Man Utd are a different case study altogether. That club is rotten at the top. The Glazer's started bleeding the club dry upon arrival. How United won the league in 2013 with that squad is down to Ferguson. Since he left they've been nowhere near and the squad needs a huge investment that the Glazer's aren't interested in financing so I expect them to languish in mid-table, especially with Ole at the wheel :-D

Apparently we weren’t a “Great team” until we won back to back PL titles
I think you’ll find we still aren’t a great team and won’t be until we win three-in-a-row.

Then we’ll need to win another plus the CL.

Then the Pep team will need to cure cancer through a remarkable tactical innovation in targeted malignant cell high press.

Because they hit 97 last season and they seem to be even better/luckier/hungrier than then, given they're on 10 wins and one draw?. Plus, the teams they lost or drew to are comparatively weaker (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Us, Everton) except for Leicester. They've already beaten Chelsea away where they drew last season.

They've barely scraped by in their last half a dozen games. They looked much more convincing last season at this time.

6 opponents left to play:- After we’ve faced each other we both have 6 teams left who we haven’t faced yet this season, as listed.

Nope, there are 19 opponents and not 18. So maybe you meant the next 7 after the upcoming clash. So your point is if you are leading at Christmas (after 19 games), then you win the title?

In 5 - 0 win back in 2017 we played with back 3. In 1-2 defeat against them in UCl second leg we also played with back 3 and create the most chances than every team that played against them in last 2 yrs. In january 2-1 win we also played something like back 3 , Stones Kompany Laporte , and we win. PSG in UCL also played with back 3 and Veratti as only DMF , I expect nothing but 3-5-2 again by Pep , the recipe for sucsses against them

Highlighting where we've dropped points, Man Utd came out and attacked us and maybe Klopp wasn't expecting that since we looked lost in the first half. I imagine City will do the same next week.

If we win next Sunday, (don't think that'll happen), it's 9 points clear of you with the same games played. Still early days but last year's run in would've given Liverpool a bit of mental strength. Far from over but I don't think 9 points adrift is relaxing territory. More like squeaky bum time. I'd take a draw right now.

Totally agree with your last point. Worst team to be up against in a title challenge. We, on the other hand, are the best team to be up against in a title challenge.

Very surprised to see you taking a draw given you'll still have to come to the Etihad where you've lost the past 2 seasons in the league and would have got battered in the CL with anything like reasonable ref'ing. You should look at our Centurions season when we broke United by winning at the swamp in early Dec. You go 9pts clear, it's not over, but you would be overwhelming favourites.

Highlighting where we've dropped points, Man Utd came out and attacked us and maybe Klopp wasn't expecting that since we looked lost in the first half. I imagine City will do the same next week.

If we win next Sunday, (don't think that'll happen), it's 9 points clear of you with the same games played. Still early days but last year's run in would've given Liverpool a bit of mental strength. Far from over but I don't think 9 points adrift is relaxing territory. More like squeaky bum time. I'd take a draw right now.

Totally agree with your last point. Worst team to be up against in a title challenge. We, on the other hand, are the best team to be up against in a title challenge.
I don't agree.

Tottenham are followed closely by the rags.

The rags were eight points ahead with six games left to go.

The consolation for Manchester City this season is that Klopp doesn't handle sustained pressure well.

I don't see Man City crumbling at all once Pep leaves. Nobody thinks that. You were winning leagues before he arrived so why would it stop when he leaves.
What I would say is that Pep has truly lifted the standard required to win the league. Liverpool having dropped 2 points after 11 games. Insane standard yet if we lose on Sunday there's 3 points in it with 26 games left. City had 198 points over 2 years. Ridiculous. Funnily enough, Pep has made Klopp's team better because quite simply they have to be or they don't win the league. Liverpool are more likely to fall away once Klopp leaves.
Man Utd are a different case study altogether. That club is rotten at the top. The Glazer's started bleeding the club dry upon arrival. How United won the league in 2013 with that squad is down to Ferguson. Since he left they've been nowhere near and the squad needs a huge investment that the Glazer's aren't interested in financing so I expect them to languish in mid-table, especially with Ole at the wheel :-D

Good post. Although, it is really having the league's biggest payroll and highest spend over the past 2 seasons that has lifted your level. Ironic since your brethren fans still bleat on about City's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.