Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
BX_HdM5CEAAEhSL.jpg
He's got arms like a T.Rex!!

I was surprised they could mount such a sustained assault on the league title because they didn't buy anyone last summer. Plus, their forward line is thread bare, an injury to mane or Firmino & they were in deep trouble. Salah is hot & cold these days -ridiculously one-footed too- so I haven't included him with the other 2.

The message from the outset from VAR was for advantage to be given to Liverpool win the league. This was seen as a means generating more Premier League revenue to the benefit of the also rans clubs owners by selling the media story. VAR was consistently applied against City or ignored when in doubt from the outset. Media attacks on City and players served to further undermine competition. The Club and players knew what was going on and it had a detrimental effect.

We had already seen the campaign against Raz orchestrated through the media by Liverpool. Probably the most racist and by the most hypocritical of clubs.

The problem is it all went too far for too long and a lack of injuries meant Liverpool were seen to be walking the Premier League. Their failure in other domestic competitions has been ignored, putting them on a par with Blackburn and Leicester yet to read the hype, they are the best English team ever.

Unforeseen defeat against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League put paid to claims that Liverpool the best team in Europe and highlighted they have not qualified as champions since the inception of the Premier League. Liverpool and their fans are tainted and should forever have an asterisk against their name for besmirching the game in so many ways so many times.

I don't how they did it but they got back most of the money when they sold Benteke to Palace.
Yeah that price Palace paid(£28m) was a head scratcher, considering how his time at Liverpool went. He did worse than Bony if anything.

So in that respect we only lost just under £1.5m more than they did(£15.25m-£13.77m), when you account for loans and transfer fees. As I said though, for the subject at hand(transfer inflation), net spend is pretty much irrelevant. They still paid the best part of £42m for him in July 2015, we paid £29m for Bony in January 2015 and never heard the end of it. It's pretty easy to see which transfer is worse in that respect. At least we had the excuse of it being a January transfer, although it still stings to think about the Bony transfer, even if it isn't my money.

Last edited:
just love this from rawk;

I wonder about our own Guy Fawkes from the other night and wonder with him
being young and not from the city if he also was trying too hard and thought he was being a 'top red' by aiming at the blue on the Liver Building when all he was being was an idiot without any understanding of our culture?

All together now!: "It's never your fault..."

As I have mentioned before I got kicked of a forum for telling the truth about liverpool fans behaviour. The liverpool fans ganged up and made complaints etc. Just been back onto the site as a visitor and it seems ok for them to call us Man Shitty, now this is a forum for over 50's !.
I never used bad language just told the truth but it's ok for them to be childish. Even on other forums they have different rules lol.

I havent heard us called Manchester Shitty since I was in school in the 70's.

Like to see them actually try to fight on FOUR fronts, equally, next season and watch them miserably fail.

If we just focused on the Prem and the CL, we'd be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.