Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Munich on holiday a few years ago and did the Bayern stadium tour and their trophy hoard is insane. They're a whole level above the rest of the Bundesliga.

(In future, when I go Primavera Sound, I need to do Nou Camp as well.)
Considering most of the rest of the Bundesliga see themselves as offshoots of Bayern's academy, it's hardly surprising, or impressive. Before you think I'm exaggerating when we signed KDB from Wolfsburg their CEO was having a shitfit that he wasn't going to Bayern instead.

Schalke and Dortmund are probably the only ones that don't tug their forelocks when Bayern come for their best players.

I should follow the Bundesliga more - I'm a German translator - and Dortmund seem to be the only side who provide any form of competition. Aren't Schalke a bit shit these days?

I should follow the Bundesliga more - I'm a German translator - and Dortmund seem to be the only side who provide any form of competition. Aren't Schalke a bit shit these days?
Yeah they're going down, Leipzig and BMG are capable but Munich either take their players for shit fees or tap them up to run down their contracts. It's a seriously unhealthy league.

A bit shit is giving them too much credit. Bottom of the table with 9 points in 21 games. -37 GD

I went to Munich on holiday a few years ago and did the Bayern stadium tour and their trophy hoard is insane. They're a whole level above the rest of the Bundesliga.

(In future, when I go Primavera Sound, I need to do Nou Camp as well.)
Don't bother... It's a shithole... Lots of trophies but the stadium's rank

I'm not sure why his post deserved a response like that
I just don't get it, I really don't, there's no way in a million years I'd go on another fans forum to post something that's so neutral, he didn't really have much of a point to make other than agree that his team are not that good!

Liverpool had an easy night of it last night and this was, in the main, due to a hugely unimpressive RB Leipzig defence lynch pinned by Upamecano. Quite why Bayern have decided to sign him is beyond me. Individually, he wasn't at it and his inability to both play a pass and put himself in a good position to receive one, resulted in an easy night for Liverpool's front-three and their pressing. They want to build from the back, but the personell are incapable on last nights evidence.

This isn't the turning of a corner though. I find it extremely difficult to understand how anyone comes to that conclusion. It will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday night. Premier League teams have long figured out how to play against this version of Liverpool and the results recently speak for themselves. Rb Leipzig, who shipped 5 to United, is no comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.