Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article on BBC about a Liverpool fan who sadly contracted Covid and later died. He had attended the CL match against Atletico so its all Johnnie Foreigners fault for travelling from Spain with the disease and they should have stayed at home whilst 50k Liverpool fans attended (having travelled from all over this country and Europe.)

Its tragic someone has died but this is so typically scouse - blame everyone else - no one forced them to attend a match when it was known there was a new virus that kills. So now they want a public enquiry (at tax payers expense) to point the finger of blame and I assume then to obtain compensation for the lost loved ones. I will say again it’s tragic people died but I do not agree with wasting money on an enquiry when that money could be used elsewhere- such as for the NHS
Yes. The widow and son were obviously upset and l felt for them and thought twice about mentioning it.
The last match l went to was the rags being us at home and the next home was WHU in an evening match. There was no way l was going to risk a return journey on packed trains and metro, not even with a few pints in a packed pub as well as the match. So l gave it a miss.
The widow was going on about how her husband loved Liverpool especially the special European nights. The Spaniards however 'should have stayed at home and watched on TV. The sense of entitlement that her husband and others had a right to go was illogical. Of course the celebrations and the general breeches of quarantine by others in that city was not mentioned despite the very clear warnings given by the Mayor and the police

Yes. The widow and son were obviously upset and l felt for them and thought twice about mentioning it.
The last match l went to was the rags being us at home and the next home was WHU in an evening match. There was no way l was going to risk a return journey on packed trains and metro, not even with a few pints in a packed pub as well as the match. So l gave it a miss.
The widow was going on about how her husband loved Liverpool especially the special European nights. The Spaniards however 'should have stayed at home and watched on TV. The sense of entitlement that her husband and others had a right to go was illogical. Of course the celebrations and the general breeches of quarantine by others in that city was not mentioned despite the very clear warnings given by the Mayor and the police

Would this be the same liverpool football fans that obeyed the government guidelines and didnt celebrate the clubs league win. Didnt celebrate outside Anfield and trash the area. Didnt go and celebrate and try and set fire to the liver building.
It wasnt ok for the Spanish fans to come to a footy match in the middle of a pandemic. But it's ok for liverpool fans to celebrate and break government guidelines in a pandemic.

Honestly feel so for the family but..

Article on BBC about a Liverpool fan who sadly contracted Covid and later died. He had attended the CL match against Atletico so its all Johnnie Foreigners fault for travelling from Spain with the disease and they should have stayed at home whilst 50k Liverpool fans attended (having travelled from all over this country and Europe.)

Its tragic someone has died but this is so typically scouse - blame everyone else - no one forced them to attend a match when it was known there was a new virus that kills. So now they want a public enquiry (at tax payers expense) to point the finger of blame and I assume then to obtain compensation for the lost loved ones. I will say again it’s tragic people died but I do not agree with wasting money on an enquiry when that money could be used elsewhere- such as for the NHS
Large numbers of LFC fans travel from abroad to games at Anfield anyway.

There absolutely should be an inquiry into how the COVID situation was handled but not because Liverpool fans say so

Would this be the same liverpool football fans that obeyed the government guidelines and didnt celebrate the clubs league win. Didnt celebrate outside Anfield and trash the area. Didnt go and celebrate and try and set fire to the liver building.
It wasnt ok for the Spanish fans to come to a footy match in the middle of a pandemic. But it's ok for liverpool fans to celebrate and break government guidelines in a pandemic.

Honestly feel so for the family but..
Me too. I feel someone should have said had a quiet word in view of the things you listed that it wasn't a good look in modern parlance l learned over the past two days.
Incidentally the piece had mobile footage of a procession of Spaniards on their way to the ground as if they were a big gang looking for trouble which was not the case at all.

There absolutely should be an inquiry into how the COVID situation was handled but not because Liverpool fans say so
Agreed but I believe the family want the inquiry for why the match was allowed to take place in the way it did

Nothing to do with the British Goverment who allowed that and other events to go ahead and flights into the country from Covid hotspots.
So there we have Counsels opening argument at the Public Enquiry, because, as they are not English they are now the victims of the oppresive (only to them of course) British establishment who allowed all these outsiders to invade their midden. People from Norway are of course exempt.

An epidemiologist explains how difficult it is to attribute catching the disease in a specific location let alone from an Atletico fan but is the Victim mentality on the move as they call for an enquiry?

Sending death threats to Pangolins and bats next for this lot with their previous form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.