Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

that Coutinho money never really existed, smoke mirrors and bullshit.
scratch the surface and I bet there are more holes in this dodgy deal than an EU mountain of Swiss cheese.
Have to say, I dont really see the issue with this article in relation to Liverpool. indeed the idea of selling the debt to another instituion to get say 95% in one hit sort of makes sense.

That said, the main thing I see in this and the issue I would have , if I were a City supporter is the huge mountain of debt and the lack of any action or even the idea of action in relation to FFP. UEFA go after City, a club with no debt and owners who are imporving the community and city as a whole, not just the team. Yet the do nothing about clubs effectively building up masses of debt. Surely that should be the real thing that FFP looks at.

Have to say, I dont really see the issue with this article in relation to Liverpool. indeed the idea of selling the debt to another instituion to get say 95% in one hit sort of makes sense.

That said, the main thing I see in this and the issue I would have , if I were a City supporter is the huge mountain of debt and the lack of any action or even the idea of action in relation to FFP. UEFA go after City, a club with no debt and owners who are imporving the community and city as a whole, not just the team. Yet the do nothing about clubs effectively building up masses of debt. Surely that should be the real thing that FFP looks at.

That was the original iteration of FFP by UEFA. To punish clubs in debt. The likes of United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and the Milan clubs immediately went ape shit at Platini and he cravenly caved in and changed the proposed FFP rules to punish expenditure rather than debt.

FFP hasn't saved a single club from going down the shitter. RIP Bury.

I see flip flop has been out spouting shit again about this bucket of piss being a proper club.

What is a proper club?
Well it's not one that was formed when its founder kicked Everton out of Anfield and was left with an empty ground he had to fill and beer he needed to sell in it. So he got his chequebook out and bought a load of players he called "Liverpool".

If any Liverpool fans are complaining about Red Bull's ownership of Leipzig then they're complete and utter hypocrites because Liverpool were the original drinks marketing club back in the 1890's.

Last edited:

Factoring, or invoice financing, is very common in business. There's at least one poster on here who does that for a living. The difference is that Barcelona owe the financing company money, rather than Liverpool.

It kind of happened when Shinawatra took us over. John Wardle & David Makin had put loans of £22m into City at that point. Shinawatra offered them cash for those, but it was quite a bit less than £22m. They took that cash and assigned the total £22m to Shinawatra, so that the club now owed him the £22m. Which the little rascal took back in full when ADUG bought us.

But there's a better story about transfer invoice financing. When we bought Sergio in 2011, it was something like one third down and two further instalments. Atletico factored the two future instalments to get the cash but the FA wouldn't sanction the transfer unless they knew how Atletico had done that and where they got the money from. Atletico said that it had come from an investment fund in an offshore tax haven (think it was the BVI) but there was a stand off as the FA wanted ot know exactly who'd provided it.

They agreed to tell, provided it wasn't made public, whoch was accepted. However, the provider was described as a NW businessman who'd made his fortune from selling the chain of high street betting shops that bore his name. Now I took that to be Fred Done, the well known United fan, as I can't think of anyone else who fits that description.

If that's the case, the Agueroooooo moment was courtesy of a wealthy red.

Last edited:
Well it's not one that was formed when it's founder kicked Everton out of Anfield and was left with an empty ground he had to fill and beer he needed to sell in it. So he got his chequebook out and bought a load of players he called "Liverpool".

If any Liverpool fans are complaining about Red Bull's ownership of Leipzig then they're complete and utter hypocrites because Liverpool were the original drinks marketing club back in the 1890's.

Meat on the bones. Good info as always.

Factoring, or invoice financing, is very common in business. There's at least one poster on here who does that for a living.The difference is that Barcelona owe the financing company money, rather than Liverpool.

It kind of happened when Shinawatra took us over. John Wardle & David Makin had put loans of £22m into City at that point. Shinawatra offered them cash for those, but it was quite a bit less than £22m. They took that cash and assigned the total £22m to Shinawatra, so that the club now owed him the £22m. Which the little rascal took back in full when ADUG bought us.

But there's a better story about transfer invoice financing. When we bought Sergio in 2011, it was something like one third down and two further instalments. Atletico factored the two future instalments to get the cash but the FA wouldn't sanction the transfer unless they knew how Atletico had done that and where they got the money from. Atletico said that it had come from an investment fund in an offshore tax haven (think it was the BVI) but there was a stand off as the FA wanted ot know exactly who'd provided it.

They agreed to tell, provided it wasn't made public, whoch was accepted. However, the provider was described as a NW businessman who'd made his fortune from selling the chain of high street betting shops that bore his name. Now I took that to be Fred Done, the well known United fan, as I can't think of anyone else who fits that description.

If that's the case, the Agueroooooo moment was courtesy of a wealthy red.

Very interesting, although I have to say that reading all the crap about FFP and seeing what happened to the likes of Bury just saddens me really.
I do appreciate that the world has to keep evolving and "improving" but with the increased pressure of marketing (and yes I know full well that Liverpool are one of the leaders/demons in this area) I cant help feeling that football loses something.
Besides seeing Liverpool win, I thought back to some of my happiest footballing memories and they have come from watching "smaller" clubs and games. Sitting with and being welcomed by Brentford fans v Rotherham. Having them tell me all about the players I knew nothing about. Taking my son to see Bury play when back visiting family (helped by a 5-1 win)
Maybe I am just looking back through rose tinted glasses, but hey ho I guess its all about "business and brand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.